Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

After Saturday let's hope they can find some form and finish above the Rags
I'm honestly surprised that if they win their game in hand on them, they'll go over them on goal difference. Perhaps it's because I've not been paying attention to the mid table places or perhaps just the way the press have been reporting on both clubs, but it felt as if they were a lot more points adrift.

There's still a chance the rags finish in the bottom half.

I think they might be there or there abouts next season for top 4. If he can get rid of a few dickheads and get the squad as one, they’ll challenge.

Palmer has scored 20 of their 35 goals! They’re not bad, but that stat doesn’t bode well for them!

The penalty debacle last night shows an immense lack of unity amongst the squad, that just wouldn’t happen under Pep. It was one of the biggest embarrassments In football I’ve ever seen, shame on those players, the toxicity is clear to see.

The penalty debacle last night shows an immense lack of unity amongst the squad, that just wouldn’t happen under Pep. It was one of the biggest embarrassments In football I’ve ever seen, shame on those players, the toxicity is clear to see.

Great to see ahead of Saturday. We're going to have to make changes in that game, the last chance all season unless we tie up the league early. Go a goal up and make them question themselves and you hope they lack any fight and completely lose their bottle.

Bunch of man-children playing for themselves, all of them. Fighting over a penalty is bad enough, but pushing and shoving your own teammates is atrocious. Even the Cavani-Neymar penalty fight didn't end up with pushing.

On the penalty thing. I’ve seen legends and proper serial winners fight over stupid shit. It’s in the heat of the moment and all forgotten soon after. Here is Ballack and Drogba fighting over a freekick. Not even a penalty. A freekick.

Poch said last time Sterling tried to take the pen off Palmer that they could figure it out amongst themselves. That was a mistake. There should always be a designated penalty taker and I’m glad Poch has made that clear now.

Last edited:
Bunch of man-children playing for themselves, all of them. Fighting over a penalty is bad enough, but pushing and shoving your own teammates is atrocious. Even the Cavani-Neymar penalty fight didn't end up with pushing.
It looked farcical. Good luck to Palmer going on; he's going to need it dealing with some of those characters. This is where Pochettino needs to step in and deal firmly with the likes of Jackson and Madueke.

It looked farcical. Good luck to Palmer going on; he's going to need it dealing with some of those characters. This is where Pochettino needs to step in and deal firmly with the likes of Jackson and Madueke.

Looks like Madueke quickly realised the errors of his ways. Jackson was still being petulant. In general, I don’t mind my striker having this selfish attitude. I didn’t like the petulance he showed towards Palmer though. It’s a young team though. They’ll learn and grow together. Teachable moment for Poch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.