Rishi Sunak

Where is the evidence that tobacco usage will decline? That hasnt happened with cocaine and cannabis. Surely it will lead to a huge black market and more profits for organised crime gangs. It will just make smoking more attractive to rebellious teenagers. Personally I hate smoking but this sounds like another pathetic political soundbite. I would support more price hikes for cigarettes and a sugar tax though.
Can you buy better tasting and less smelly cannabis and cocaine?

If they did, the original forms would decrease in popularity, in my opinion.

Can you buy better tasting and less smelly cannabis and cocaine?

If they did, the original forms would decrease in popularity, in my opinion.
I don't really know but an increasing number of countries, even places like Canada, have legalised (and taxed) cannabis use. Recently the Germans decriminalised it. We seem to be going in the opposite direction. What I do know from personal experience is that a lot of senior police officers believe our prohibitive drugs policy is making the situation worse and fuelling crime. But very few of them will speak out publically.

I don't really know but an increasing number of countries, even places like Canada, have legalised (and taxed) cannabis use. Recently the Germans decriminalised it. We seem to be going in the opposite direction. What I do know from personal experience is that a lot of senior police officers believe our prohibitive drugs policy is making the situation worse and fuelling crime. But very few of them will speak out publically.
I’d actually be quite pro legalising drugs and taxing their use, whilst controlling quality.

I doubt that nicotine addiction will fall much, but the way it is delivered will if it tastes and smells better.

I’d assume it’d be the same for cannabis too, but could be wrong.

I’d actually be quite pro legalising drugs and taxing their use, whilst controlling quality.

I doubt that nicotine addiction will fall much, but the way it is delivered will if it tastes and smells better.

I’d assume it’d be the same for cannabis too, but could be wrong.
It's a good debate but don't expect any of our politicians to discuss this properly in General Election year. Are the police going to start shutting shops down and arresting teenagers who are one day too old to buy cigarettes under this new law? Who is going to pay for the extra police and lawyers? Nothing will happen just like all this other crazy unworkable and unenforceable legislation. Meanwhile they still haven't banned buildings with flammable cladding like Grenville Towers or compensated the contaminated blood victims or the sub-postmasters or sorted out the economy. This is just sheer madness.

Sunak only "won " tonight with votes from other Party's MP's - 57 of his MP's voted against and 106 abstained. Way more than his majority. Yes it shows he is weak but more importantly he has set up Starmer for tomorrows PMQ's so he can take another pummelling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.