Real Madrid post match post mortem

It's the hope that kills isn't it? Over those two legs we showed we were better than Madrid but as someone once said...'This ees football'. I'm emotionally drained this morning so imagine how the boys feel. I particularly feel for Bernie all his words about the second treble this week and then a penalty attempt that in no way reinforced his ambition. I can only put it down to the delay with retrieving the ball, too many options going through his mind while he waited. The boys must be shattered, tired, aching - physically and emotionally. The efforts of last season - coupled with the expectations placed upon them for this season, it's relentless. I take my hat off to them. I'm looking forward to Saturday - I hope they are too. Yes it's relentless, yes it hurts today but the rewards for all of us are immense for the rest of the season. We are City and this is where we belong.

When you don't stop crosses when we as team don't pack the pen box there is going to be and easier chance if it fall for one of there players
But we never struggled with that first leg either without walker. That first goal set the tone for the game imo. And time and again this year Kyle has been responsible for us conceding. As I say he’s been brilliant for us but he’s not in our best back 4 anymore.

Pep had to take more risks. Instead of replacing Haaland, he had to put in Alvarez too for a defender.

Proud of the team, they put the effort in and should have won on any other day. They looked spent at the end and did not lose a game in this years competition but still go out. What can we say about the "mighty" Madrid? They are cheating, whinging boring team. They came to us to defend, like a lower league team, I am glad we do not play like that. The ref was appalling, night and day to last week's who was fair and did not fall for all of the theatrics. Bellingham is a bellend, feigning injury, mouthing off and not doing much. Vinisius Jr (however you spell it) is not world class, he did not fancy the fight, play acted, walked about and was terrible.
I think not having Stones fit from the start hurt us, Akanji, is good on the ball but he is not Johnny, not sure we should use him in that defender / midfielder role again. Earl is juts not getting decent service, I would be tempted to try Jack on the right and get him to get some balls into the box quicker. Anyway, well done Blues, there is always next year, lets kick on and finish the rest of the season strongly.

Proud of the team. The effort was immense. 17-1 corners, 33-9 shots, etc. They needed two deflected goals in the 1st leg and pens in the 2nd to go through.

Some of our star players couldn't hit top form due to various reasons, mostly injuries. It's virtually impossible to win a consecutive treble. My only regret is that some of the injuries were avoidable, like those of Walker and Stones...

I think we should concentrate on the league and start with an experimental side vs Chelsea. Otherwise, we'll risk fatigue and everything might go south. I believe we have at least 50% chance to win the semi at Wembley with squad players, the likes of Ortega, Ake, Kovacic, Lewis, Nunes, Bobb, Alvarez and Doku. Add to them Stones, Gvardiol and Grealish and we can compete.

Before the penalty, Madrid's coach had lengthy chats with their keeper, showing a note that likely described how each City player might take the spot kick. They seemed well-prepared.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.