How's your mood after the RM game?

I'm not overly upset, which actually surprised me. I thought I'd have been gutted, but I'm not

Obviously not happy to have gone out, but it doesn't sting in the way it used to. Maybe it's because we finally won the CL last season, taking off some of the anxiety attached

Also doesn't feel like we threw it away like we have done in other years. No super sloppy goals conceded like against Tottenham. No playing terribly like against Chelsea or Lyon. No collapses like against Real in 2022. No refereeing madness like against Liverpool

We played fairly well, but we're clearly running on fumes and just didn't have enough firepower

Frustrated. Having got the monkey off our back last season, I view this is the cherry on the more important domestic cake.

In years gone by we'd have deservedly gone through on 'away goals'. Changing that format has completely changed how teams approach the tie. RM couldn't have come and played rope a dope hoping for pens.

Two piss poor pens. Having got the advantage should have closed out.

Last edited:
Disappointed, nowhere near as gutted as previous defeats in years gone by. Not even close. Realistically I didn't think a back to back CL would happen so I expected defeat at some stage.

It's a massive boost to our title hopes too

Madrid are absolute kings of this competition. It’s almost in their blood. They went 1-0 up and held on for a long time.

Regardless of how well we played, the result is the banker. What was Bernardo thinking about with that penalty?

These matches are often very tight and just won. Look at our finals. Both 1-0.

Philosophical about an exit on penalties. The game was worthy of being the final. I suspect whoever progressed would go on and win it. I'm not criticising anyone taking pens but whoever held the ball in the N stand, I hope you shit hedgehogs for the rest of your life.

The boys gave it everything and the 2 lucky deflections in the first leg killed us in the end although we had a couple of chances to finish them here.

Having them play like scared bunny rabbits in a 5-4-1 out of posession like Luton for 90 minutes was vaguely amusing, smashing clearances upfield out of defence whilst Venecius and Rodrygo ran around like chickens with no heads chasing the ball, yet that surprisingly has gone uncritisised by any media outlet. Of course defending is part of football nouse and they did it well, but they got lucky as well. Those two things in tandem are hard to beat.

On another day Haalands header goes in off the bar, Kevs blast goes in the top corner or the ball goes to our players in front of goal from a ricochet in the box, Eddy parries the 1st shot straight down and picks it up and we win that game comfortably and deservedly.

Now we've got to go to Wembley on 2 days rest from an exhausting 120 minutes against a well rested Chelsea and try and progress to the final. I suspect plenty of changes and pretty much a B team or they'll be running on fumes after 90 minutes. Which Chelsea will show up? Fuck knows. Its a tall order none the less. This City side are full of surprises though so I'm not ruling us out.

More important is the league now. These players and this team deserve the kudos and accolade of 4 times in a row winners. Let's cheer them on, loud and proud until the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.