How's your mood after the RM game?

Pissed off that when we lose it’s almost always because of the same issues; poor finishing when dominating teams, and being absolutely shit at taking penalties.

We were the better side over both games and the players deserved better. Shit that away goals no longer count.

Win the title though and this game will be forgotten. If we win nothing this season I’m not reading any football related stuff until next season.

Frustrated today, very frustrated. You shouldn’t really lose to an inferior opponent in a two legged tie. Why did we? Well, for all the possession, we just don’t create enough chances. It’s a conundrum really, we created buckets full of chances for years, but lacked a clinical striker, particularly when Sergio was out. We now have THE clinical striker, but we often seem totally unable to create chances for him, especially against the better teams.
Deep breath, go again, I suppose.

I think we do try to walk the ball in too often, which lets them sit deep and make it difficult for us.

Look at our goal yesterday, a quick burst and cross. Wasn't a good cross but it got a deflection right into the path of our player. You create your own luck with things like that.

I like how we play, but I'd love to see us vary the attack now and again. Try a few more shots, stand one up at the back post now and again, get an earlier cross in before teams set themselves.

Truth is I am just not used to us losing, I do not mean to be entitled, I do the lottery every week I never win, I am accustomed to it. I am and FOC and followed City through the dark times and somehow I was immune to the shit I used to get from rags. Damn you Sheikh Mansour and Pep to think I could be hoping we would sneak into the Championship play offs if you had not arrived.

Saying you don't care comes across as a coping mechanism.

I'm not gutted but frustrated as they were there for the taking.

The clubs rubbish summer transfer window came back to bite. We had no one to bring on who could have changed the result.

Played them off the park. Incredible how passive they were. Let’s hope the lads not too knackered for Saturday, and that Cold Palmer doesn’t give a repeat of Monday’s performance.

A little disappointed but we did more than enough to win so I’m not devastated. Penalties are an absolute lottery.

We’re top of the Premier League with the title (our title) in our own hands. We’re in the FA Cup Semis with a winnable tie too. Lots to be positive about.

Phlegmatic. Said at the start of the season that this would be the worst we would be for the next three seasons (so many young players, especially up front) and what with injuries having caught up with us, so I'm surprised we've still been in the hunt.
Surprised for reaching CL quarter finals ? We played 3 Europa league level teams and Leipzig so far.

Surprisingly positive. The lads gave it their all. We weren't beaten by a better side.

A lot of our players are running on empty and have been for some time. It's amazing what they've achieved, despite this. I suspect at least half of them really need a good long holiday. Too bad they won't get one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.