Real Madrid post match post mortem

No, the worst thing is "fans" not appreciating how good we are and not realising that we can't win every single game every time. Most times we don't it's when the opposition got lucky and today was another one of those., Any one of those attempts we had could have gone in, but when a team parks the bus it's like trying to play football in a forest. I'm proud that we made a team like Madrid do that, in the end it was exactly what Steve Mac said it would be, toss of a coin.
Steve Mac?
Surely Mcpointy?!

Tbh you guys deserved to win that tie imo. You largely outplayed them for most of the tie. We deserved fuck all against Bayern as we couldnt create anything and were naive.

Am I the only one thinking the congested fixture list in England in contrast to the European teams hampered us?

Going to get even worse with the fixture list for the extended group stage of the champions league. Will be interesting to see how much attention the top teams in England throw at the league cup because of it. Bundasliga also has 18 teams in it so a less hectic schedule, I don’t think the Premier league would entertain any sort of reduction in league size because of the tv money the games generate.

The spectre of City doing the double treble has now been banished hence the outpouring of joy and hatred in equal measure by the media. However, there is the small matter of four in a row that has never been done and will probably be given a boost now we don’t have to squeeze two semi‘s in.

Tbh you guys deserved to win that tie imo. You largely outplayed them for most of the tie. We deserved fuck all against Bayern as we couldnt create anything and were naive.

Am I the only one thinking the congested fixture list in England in contrast to the European teams hampered us?
Have been saying this for years. But I am just a mere fan and do not financially benefit the Premier league.

The spectre of City doing the double treble has now been banished hence the outpouring of joy and hatred in equal measure by the media. However, there is the small matter of four in a row that has never been done and will probably be given a boost now we don’t have to squeeze two semi‘s in.
I'm sure the chance of 4 in a row hasn't gone unnoticed by a certain Howard Webb and Co.
Would be unbelievable if we can get it done though

Similar to the Arsenal game I think. Both Arsenal and Real Madrid packed the penalty area and were clever enough to just block rather than make tackles. In both games we had a few good chances but neither keeper needed to be brilliant, just steady. Pep needs to come up with a tactic to create more chances in these games.
On Haaland, with such limited space it's difficult to see how any centre forward would be effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.