Real Madrid post match post mortem

No, the worst thing is "fans" not appreciating how good we are and not realising that we can't win every single game every time. Most times we don't it's when the opposition got lucky and today was another one of those., Any one of those attempts we had could have gone in, but when a team parks the bus it's like trying to play football in a forest. I'm proud that we made a team like Madrid do that, in the end it was exactly what Steve Mac said it would be, toss of a coin.
Spot on. When teams park the bus, like Real Madrid did, it is like playing through a forest. I agree. Its the only way team's can avoid defeat against us and maybe do a smash n grab. That is exactly what Arsenal did a few weeks ago and Chelsea did the same in the CL final. You need luck to beat City doing that and the teams I have mentioned definitely got it in those games. Shows how good City are when top teams dont think they are able to stand toe to toe against us. The best teams do not always progress in knock out competitions. I remember Chelsea beat Barcelona in 2012 over 2 legs and Chelsea did a smash n grab. Hopefully we can bounce back on Saturday. Come on City!

Last edited:
Surprised Rodri didn’t take one. Must have been too knackered. Banged them in for Spain.

He must have had a bit more in the tank than Bernie did. Bernie was out for the count. There were at least a couple of options before Bernardo, it seems to me. Anyhoo, as Sollozzo “Turk” says in Godfather 1, “What's done is done”.

Almost — I said almost — feeling upbeat about this whole business now. Now we can get down to concentrating on the two things that I've always cared most about: the Cup. And the League.
(I will most decidedly not be feeling upbeat if we cock those two up).

Disappointed but this hurts far less than any recent defeat.

Realistically we cannot keep winning every trophy we are in (though you hope otherwise) and it wasn’t one of the English cartel beating us.

Short term I do worry about Saturday as it is so near and we have a history of losing FA cup semis.

Long term everything hinges on the outcome of the witch hunt

But as ever proud to be a City fan and of these particular group of players and coaches.

I'm not that bothered about last night. We were the better team and lost on penalties after having 33 shots on goal to their 8. That is knockout football. That said , it was Shit defending for their goal.
I just hope the physical exhaustion is not too much for us to recover for the Chelsea game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.