Real Madrid post match post mortem

I agree our team are not bottlers. They have shown that over the last 10 years. I hope you are correct that the boys will use our loss as a motivator for them.to go on and win the FA Cup and premier league.
I agree with you and have a strong feeling we are absolutely going to twat at least one team if not more before the end of season.

For me it was completely predictable that we went out on pens last night.
I told a mate before the game the way it would play out, sadly I was right.
I’d even go as far as suggesting Madrid played for penalties.

Ederson simply is terrible at saving pens and we lost 3 penalty takers in Haaland,
KDB and Grealish. Why did we leave so few penalty takers at the end?
It’s obviously a lottery but I do wonder whether they practice taking them and have
we lacked attention to detail and analysis of them?
And did Pep miss a trick maybe not subbing Eddie for Ortega?

Ederson simply is terrible at saving pens and we lost 3 penalty takers in Haaland,
It’s obviously a lottery but I do wonder whether they practice taking them and have
Eddie saved one and scored one ffs

Eddie did his job, saved one and scored one. Bernardo's shocker killed us, then Kovacics soft one.

There is a set piece coach, do you watch training every day, how do you know they don’t practice or analyse penalties.
We are ranked 6th in the PL for goals from set pieces, Arsenal in first place have almost twice as many set piece goals. IMO we should be considering an upgrade? We should have the best coaches you can get. We had 18 corners last night and should have done much better with them.

As regards penalties we need thorough preparation and attention to detail. Generally we should be putting them out of the normal reach of a keeper. The penalties from Bernardo and Kovacic were poor, particularly when you factor in players from RM were familiar with previous penalties from those players. Our practice for a potential penalty shootout clearly appeared inadequate. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, sadly.

definitely , the best team over the two legs has gone out but that is the lottery of penalties. I'm proud of the team as they gave everything and refuse to get disheartened about going out on penalties.

Another thing that has happened is that the Champions league is a lot more important to me than it was five years ago. I put it right up there with the league now. I also think we are considered one of the biggest clubs in Europe now , although the red shirts will never admit that. If you want entertainment us versus Real never fails to deliver
Really? I find the low block terminally dull and it it certainly shouldn't be coming from the self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

Still gutted and can’t stop thinking about it.

Put no blame on anyone, it’s the missed opportunity with these players and this manager to get another one under our belt that’s eating at me.

We’re so much better than this Real and the remaining teams in the competition. Just how did that happen, two heavy deflections in the first leg and nothing yesterday bar their scrappy goal. Fuck sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.