The Conservative Party/Government

I think in part they hope these moves go some way to fixing the hole that sees so many jobs not being filled. The thing with it is it just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the situation. Who is going to employ someone who is depressed of mentally ill? Who is going to employ someone with a long term debilitating illness or injury. Firstly the employer has a duty of care to them plus their existing employees and the public. Second they are likely to want time off as they are likely still be in receipt of ongoing treatment. Then there is the issue of productivity. This will be negatively impacted too. If you are depressed or suffering a physical issue and you don't feel up to it you can sign yourself off sick for 7 days under the self certification rules. Are they really saying they can sort out what will be needed in 7 days? Say you are already on meds you sign off will the Job Centre Plus "medical expert" be able to see you in 7 days? What if you need to see your GP to discuss meds and a possible change to something else? Christ there are places in the UK where people can't get to see their GP inside ONE MONTH !!!

I am certain they are so out of touch its just a simple thought of - hey we have 1m vacancies which may a reason for the flat lining economy. I know what there are 2m folk over there not working and costing us money. Lets move them from that place into the jobs place.

I think in part they hope these moves go some way to fixing the hole that sees so many jobs not being filled. The thing with it is it just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the situation. Who is going to employ someone who is depressed of mentally ill? Who is going to employ someone with a long term debilitating illness or injury. Firstly the employer has a duty of care to them plus their existing employees and the public. Second they are likely to want time off as they are likely still be in receipt of ongoing treatment. Then there is the issue of productivity. This will be negatively impacted too. If you are depressed or suffering a physical issue and you don't feel up to it you can sign yourself off sick for 7 days under the self certification rules. Are they really saying they can sort out what will be needed in 7 days? Say you are already on meds you sign off will the Job Centre Plus "medical expert" be able to see you in 7 days? What if you need to see your GP to discuss meds and a possible change to something else? Christ there are places in the UK where people can't get to see their GP inside ONE MONTH !!!

I am certain they are so out of touch its just a simple thought of - hey we have 1m vacancies which may a reason for the flat lining economy. I know what there are 2m folk over there not working and costing us money. Lets move them from that place into the jobs place.
or will employers have insurance in place for people on valium etc half asleep?

well they already have to have liability insurance in place but if they are potentially raising the risk they present that will result in even higher costs to the business which is inflationary and bad for business
Realistically they are not going to employ anyone with mental health issues so severe that it presents a risk in the workplace and potentially to other workers. Many are potentially violent too when presented with stressful situations. Many do not like social interaction and indeed can have severe debilitating panic attacks or fits of anger.

It's all total bollocks.

Realistically they are not going to employ anyone with mental health issues.

It's all total bollocks.

as its not planned to come in until after the GE it has no chance - Sunak knows that but with every passing day they have a new scandal to distract us from so the announcements are wilder and wilder - I suspect by next Wednesday morning they will announce the introduction of Logans Run to fix the housing crisis and social care issues all in one.

or will employers have insurance in place for people on valium etc half asleep?
There are plenty of people with physical and or mental health issues who could work rw8th easonable adjustments and employer support but so many companies have costs pared to the bone to maximise shareholder returns and the public sector has been decimated

as its not planned to come in until after the GE it has no chance - Sunak knows that but with every passing day they have a new scandal to distract us from so the announcements are wilder and wilder - I suspect by next Wednesday morning they will announce the introduction of Logans Run to fix the housing crisis and social care issues all in one.
They've had 14 years of trying to get people back into work. Sick and disabled people.

Apparently it's gone and is getting worse. I think they failed. Many killed themselves.

There are a tiny minority who take the piss - however look how the hospital waiting lists have grown, look at the headlines about how certain meds are hard if not impossible to get, the collapse in the provision of mental health treatments, the collapse of social care so people have to be at home to care for sick and elderly people the state has abandoned then ask yourself why - I am afraid you are falling for their trick.
100% correct . Waiting lists growing by the day for hospital treatment, can’t get Doctors appointments for weeks , medication not available partly because of Brexit , social care practically non existent . These wankers know exactly what they are doing and the gullible fall for it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.