The Conservative Party/Government

Fucking hell, Boris Johnson turned away from the voting booth because he forgot his ID. A policy that his government introduced.
OR. Boris Johnson knows the Tories are done, knows Sunak is done and wants to put himself in the top 5 read stories of the day? Never forget what an entirely self serving wanker this bloke has been for his whole adult life.

OR. Boris Johnson knows the Tories are done, knows Sunak is done and wants to put himself in the top 5 read stories of the day? Never forget what an entirely self serving wanker this bloke has been for his whole adult life.

well if you bear in mind that he will still have advisers and probably minders this will be the case - somebody must have told him to make sure he had acceptable id on him. I wouldn't mind betting he had his driving license in his wallet but as a performative gesture he declined to show it

It's pretty clear that a lot of right wingers, such as yourself, stayed at home. That plus the split of votes with reform is turning into a massacre for the tories.
I wouldn't say that I'm right wing, I certainly will never ever vote for a party like Reform who I agree with on some things but disagree on most others. I have voted Tory and Lib Dem in the past but certainly not now. That leaves Labour or the Greens and I definitely won't vote Green so I will vote Labour at the next general election.

At a local level however the only councillor who canvassed around here was the Tory one and he just wanted to stop Labour getting in. With local Labour I don't even know who I was voting for let alone what I was voting for so why would I even bother?

Like I have said many times, this lot will hang on till the last minute.
Once they call an election they will start pumping fake adverts about things Starmer is alleged to have said.

Former Young Tory chair Nick Robinson let the cat out of the bag last night on this score when he challenged a Tory over a social media post which portrays Starmer as supporting Israel shutting Electricity and water to Gaza.

Sadly, millions will believe it. I sadly realised this on Monday Night whilst in A&E where a group of lads from local estate were talking about "what a ledge" Boris Johnson is.

Last edited:
People are often discontented at the local council level because they don't understand that councillors have very little real power. Councils are largely agents for the government. They can do nothing unless they have been given specific legal powers to do it, and some elements of their funding are literally tied to certain government priorities. (Money for cycle lanes is one example, although you'd never guess it from how Conservatives talk.) They have also had their funding slashed massively over the last decade or more, and yet everyone expects everything to carry on as before and work perfectly. This is not realistic.

Any development is assumed to be linked to brown-envelope knockbacks, though it's very odd that no councillors ever seem to be prosecuted. One can only think it's because there's no evidence! It seems to me people hate change. Any change. Older people are particularly bad at this, and I speak as one. Yeah, I miss steam trains and trolleybuses but so fucking what? We have to look to the future, not the past, especially as the past was generally much shittier than people like to admit.
I didnt vote yestertday as all local councils are hamstrung by central govt

Yet again we reach that time where the Tory party are too cunty for the cunts, and the Labour party has become cunty enough for the cunts to vote for.

What a time to be alive!

If by cunts you mean the centre where most people live politically, then yes. It’s why Labour are some 20 points ahead.

They should really call Labour’s mission ‘We want to get elected and we decided on the bleeding obvious way of doing it’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.