Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I was born and brought up in Prestwich, I must’ve driven down the A6 several times down the years but I was honestly unaware til this week of the Mcvities building. Why would a random biscuit factory be memorable to me or any other blues not from that particular neck of the woods ?

Not meant as a criticism of the 1894 lads by the way, I thought it was a great display even though I and many others didn’t get the reference
Peggy Gallagher worked at that factory lol. You’ve not lived until you smelt the digestives wafting their way up to Levenshulme. That said it obviously wasn’t meant to exclude anyone - just a nice nod to some of our links to the ‘cult’ route from Stockport to town and Phil Foden being one of our own - and with all the international glamour of the Champ’s League it’s nice to celebrate the local. I’d love to see what they could do with a Bury New Rd theme…

The 192 bus route really is one of a kind. But, for Maine Road, I think I’d have caught the 197 that went down Plymouth Grove and walked it from Rusholme.
42 for me or a good walk up Yew Tree Rd, via Platt Lane for me. Platt Fields, Appleby House, Wilmslow Rd, good days. Finglands, R Bullocks, Walls.

I was born and brought up in Prestwich, I must’ve driven down the A6 several times down the years but I was honestly unaware til this week of the Mcvities building. Why would a random biscuit factory be memorable to me or any other blues not from that particular neck of the woods ?

Not meant as a criticism of the 1894 lads by the way, I thought it was a great display even though I and many others didn’t get the reference
You could say that about a lot of things in Manchester though. It could have been a bus route near moss side or famous building you’ve not seen. It doesn’t have to be relevant for everyone. For most people I’d have thought it would be though, especially for foden who’s comes from Stockport / where that bus route goes through.

Foden also seemed to be main focus of the display so it was very relevant for him.

Atmosphere was alright today at Wembley, I thought we were on Par with the Chelsea fans, although we were obviously really loud after we scored.

It's a really awkward ground to try and create an atmosphere at imo, we absolutely tried our best.

6/10

37000 sales for a game in London is phenomenal. I don’t care who gets em.
Strange today . Wealdstone normally packed but only 2 coaches and a few minibuses.(bloke said we about 250 booked in) I’m sure we normally have about 1000 blues. To say we sold 37000 it didn’t seem very visible around the ground , obviously a huge percentage are going to outside sources

Atmosphere was alright today at Wembley, I thought we were on Par with the Chelsea fans, although we were obviously really loud after we scored.

It's a really awkward ground to try and create an atmosphere at imo, we absolutely tried our best.

6/10
I thought behind the goal was excellent, pretty consistent, although I noted many many times that there were 2 or 3 different songs going at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.