City's 2001/2 Division 1 Title Win 21/04/2002:

That season was like a foreshadowing of the Pep era. It was the first time I’d ever seen a City side cruise through a season as the best team by far - even though it was the second division.

I remember going to Wolves and winning and saying “Nobody will stop us”.
We didnt tend to win at Wolves in those days so it was a massive result for us.

I remember every single one of those games vividly. I also remember that we won a couple of games with ten men. I think it happened twice. One might have been Watford. Did Tiatto get a red? I might be mixing memories here. We also went away to Ipswich in the cup who were in the premier league and hammered them on live TV.

My favourite was wolves away where we won 2-0. They were challenging us too and we murdered them. Also that era I went to nearly all the away matches too and I think we got some big allocation. Was it Swindon and we got both ends?
Benarbia sent off early v Millwall at home and Tiatto v Norwich at home, taking it out on the Lucozade bottles IIRC.

Still one of my favourite ever seasons. Loved that squad, adored Benarbia so much. Would go as far as to say in his prime he would be a regular in this current side. Was the first time in my lifetime I ever saw us absolutely dominate a division (and at the time definitely thought it would be the last time). Remember us absolutely battering Newcastle in the cup only to lose to I think a Solano goal?

Still one of my favourite ever seasons. Loved that squad, adored Benarbia so much. Would go as far as to say in his prime he would be a regular in this current side. Was the first time in my lifetime I ever saw us absolutely dominate a division (and at the time definitely thought it would be the last time). Remember us absolutely battering Newcastle in the cup only to lose to I think a Solano goal?
That daft as it sounds the Newcastle game was my favourite memory of that season remember watching it in a packed working mens club in Stalybridge loads of rags in with us as it was Saturday night and even they said it was the best game they’d seen all season so far.
I remember thinking if only someone would invest in us we’d become one of the best teams in the land if I recall there used to be rumours that Rick Wakeman was thinking of sinking millions into the club which probably got me dreaming on winning doubles trebles CLs World Club Cups …. Then for it to all end with TShed get up your late for work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.