Media Discussion - 2023/24

Sky Sports now going full in on the Grealish handball, How could Oliver miss it ect...They are saying that "If he doesn't give the handball, Then he has to give the corner".

If I remember correctly yesterday, Chelsea were given a corner up thar end of the pitch which clear as day came off Gusto...If they are even going as far as Chelsea not being given a corner ffs!

Still nothing said about Caicedo staying on the pitch either, He should have been booked before he dragged Grealish back, He kicked out at Foden taken him down, Then he sticks his studs into Grealish knee...Let's forget about all that though.

It's all anyone is talking about, It's crazy.
Has he said anything about one of the greatest cup comebacks of all time wiped out by dodgy looking lines and the margin of a toe nail clipping. I don't know about Forest, but I think Coventry should be more than outraged by var and how can anyone in their right mind claim the Coventry player was gaining an unfair advantage? In the old days we'd go back to the pub, call the ref useless, down a few pints and probably have forgot everything by the next game. Now we get a number of officials who possibly have allegiances to rival clubs destroying the dreams like those the Coventry fans had yesterday. The game is becoming unwatchable.

It has just become pure poison with some of these hacks who can't even be bothered to check basic facts on Google. Since when has it become a journalist's job to taunt and troll his potential customers. It is just totally unprofessional for a sports writer to get involved in a slanging match on social media with football fans. No wonder huge jobs cuts are underway at the Mail. These organisations have just lost the plot. Ladyman should be ashamed of himself but he will probably regard it as a joke. And the breakdown in trust in the mainstream media is not a laughing matter.
I believe he knew City had sold out but he got the reaction he wanted.

Has he said anything about one of the greatest cup comebacks of all time wiped out by dodgy looking lines and the margin of a toe nail clipping. I don't know about Forest, but I think Coventry should be more than outraged by var and how can anyone in their right mind claim the Coventry player was gaining an unfair advantage? In the old days we'd go back to the pub, call the ref useless, down a few pints and probably have forgot everything by the next game. Now we get a number of officials who possibly have allegiances to rival clubs destroying the dreams like those the Coventry fans had yesterday. The game is becoming unwatchable.
its turning into wwe, we'll be seeing goals scored next because the ref is arguing with the manager and had their back turned.

These are the words of an intelligent man, and former professional player of great standing:

‘There’s a good organisation and desire. Over the course of the season they’ve lacked consistency but today you can look at a good all round performance and see those little shoots of positive things and Cole Palmer has just strolled around this pitch and owned this game to a degree.'

I am a big fan of Cole Palmer. I think he is an excellent prospect. I was disappointed he left, but understood the reasons, and we move on. There is no single person of any objectivity who believes that Cole Palmer owned yesterday's game. He did a couple of nice things, but that is it. This is the punditry standard we have reached, where individuals are placed on pedestals beyond their standing, and favourites are pre-determined.
Agree totally. The media always need “a theme“ & Palmer is this year’s. But you know what happens next - he’ll be vilified for his performances when the latest lovie arrives on the scene.
I’m happier when our young players go under the radar & surprise everyone

You might all want to sit down for this one but I was watching MotD2 last night (that's not the sit down bit) and had to do a double-take. For the analysis of the Villa game Danny Murphy actually praised our academy. They were talking about how well Morgan Rogers has settled since his January move and Murphy chimed up that he's not the only City academy graduate who's performing well in the Prem with Palmer being the obvious name but also mentioned Tommy Doyle & James McAtee too.

All the talk of the Grealish handball but no-one mentioning the fact that Caicedo should have been sent off
Diversionary tactics to avoid having to highlight the real talking point of this weekend being the offside toe nail of a Coventry player ruining the best comeback story in the FA cup for decades
Saw a United fan on socials had defended their fortuitous VAR decision by saying Chelsea should have had two penalties against us!

You might all want to sit down for this one but I was watching MotD2 last night (that's not the sit down bit) and had to do a double-take. For the analysis of the Villa game Danny Murphy actually praised our academy. They were talking about how well Morgan Rogers has settled since his January move and Murphy chimed up that he's not the only City academy graduate who's performing well in the Prem with Palmer being the obvious name but also mentioned Tommy Doyle & James McAtee too.

Attachments

• 1713786626866.gif
    1713786626866.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 112

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.