New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

law74

Just seen a piece on SSN about proposals to replace the latest "financial controls" in the Premier League...I'm sure someone can describe it better than me, but it seems to be that clubs can only spend up to 85% of revenue on players, agents, transfer fees etc......but capped to 5 times what the lowest earning club received the previous season from broadcasting revenue....
Could be interesting to see if it is voted through

Just seen a piece on SSN about proposals to replace the latest "financial controls" in the Premier League...I'm sure someone can describe it better than me, but it seems to be that clubs can only spend up to 85% of revenue on players, agents, transfer fees etc......but capped to 5 times what the lowest earning club received the previous season from broadcasting revenue....
Obviously Newcastle in their sights. We're too far ahead for this to hurt.

This.

Clubs will digest, one will say hang on, this hurts us, they will come up with something else….

Just fuck off!
I have to say that this was my first thought as well, however with owners of clubs like the US Hedge Funds and the Glazers, they could see the benefit of still being allowed to spend much more than others, but still have massive profits they are not "allowed" to spend on players

Interesting that they chose 85% instead of UEFA's 70% limit. Wonder which PL team would be over 70%?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.