Non-League Football Thread

I know the club that got booted and the new one are different, however the current club has almost gone out of business twice in the last 20 years and also had to once play half a season’s worth of home games away from home due to the state of the pitch.

MCC are very clearly supportive of City. Gateshead Council, for whatever reason, haven’t been as demonstrative.
Maybe a change of name will help? Perhaps FC United of Gateshead? The LA will fall over backwards to help if local experience is anything to go by.

yes i do thanks, my point was in the context of all that you list..... bizarre it hasn't happened before, bizarre as they've stayed part time for so long. But thanks for the recap, it'll be great if they make it.
Thank you - my response was based on my reading of your comments, suggested to me you didn't get Altrincham :D

On the local news Gateshead haven't denied that they knew but the performance was much better than expected throughout the season - what this tells me there is no point in pulling your tripes out for zero reward
I like to think they've been trying their best in the hope that the council would see sense.
I've been to Gateshead a couple of times - that stadium ain't getting turned into housing anytime soon, and a sitting tenant would be more of a selling point I'd have thought.
Feel sorry for the Gateshead supporters and board, but it's done now

Big night for Curzon Ashton tonight, they have made it to the National League North Play Offs for the first time in their history. Massive achievement for such a small club. This season has been especially impressive as previous manager Adam Lakeland left in September out of the blue to join Kings Lynn Town leaving Craig Mahon to take over as Player Manager and he managed to guide them to there highest ever league finish of 7th

Tonight they play away at Chorley in the play off eliminator, winner plays Brackley Town away on Sunday in the semi's.

I'm off to the game to support Curzon, a huge ask for them to get promoted but hoping they give a great account of themselves and keep the dream alive
How did they get on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.