Non-League Football Thread

If a team strives hard and does well only to be denied progression on a technicality you really don't have a competition worthy of the name

I don’t disagree at all with your point and Gateshead still have a justifiable axe to grind about how they got booted from the EFL in the 60s. But just to be devil’s advocate a little, Gateshead do not have a great track-record of stability and as we’ve seen with clubs like Coventry, there’s been issues arising from clubs not owning their own grounds. So, it’s maybe understandable that the EFL are being very cautious around them.

I don’t disagree at all with your point and Gateshead still have a justifiable axe to grind about how they got booted from the EFL in the 60s. But just to be devil’s advocate a little, Gateshead do not have a great track-record of stability and as we’ve seen with clubs like Coventry, there’s been issues arising from clubs not owning their own grounds. So, it’s maybe understandable that the EFL are being very cautious around them.

well they will never own their own ground if they can't advance and hopefully increase revenues is denied them. It the same story throughout football - some teams just interested in protecting their own status.

Its also important as a national and international track and field venue. If I was a business owner in the area I'd be mad with the council too - march up the league can lead to more visitors and more business. In the end it all seems to revolve around the council trying to bring in an outside operator to run the gaff - but they will still remain owners so a new operator can't sell it from under the football club

Gateshead appear to have been shafted. I can understand the EFL wanting stable clubs, but do all 72 current EFL clubs have use of the stadium guaranteed for 10 years?

Big night for Curzon Ashton tonight, they have made it to the National League North Play Offs for the first time in their history. Massive achievement for such a small club. This season has been especially impressive as previous manager Adam Lakeland left in September out of the blue to join Kings Lynn Town leaving Craig Mahon to take over as Player Manager and he managed to guide them to there highest ever league finish of 7th

Tonight they play away at Chorley in the play off eliminator, winner plays Brackley Town away on Sunday in the semi's.

I'm off to the game to support Curzon, a huge ask for them to get promoted but hoping they give a great account of themselves and keep the dream alive

Up The Nash!! They are always favorites to get the drop but they have been overachieving the last few seasons!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.