It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That's a lot of P for a few players that might not be in our best XI...

Would be disappointing to spend that much and not get an A+ asset.

Well it seems according to Tolmie that Pep wants Bruno and Paqueta definately? Musiala isnt happening imo mate and not sure who else in that mould is available at the moment

I think this summer though mate we need to look at players in the same vain as we viewed the likes De Bruyne when we signed him, and Aguero etc..

De Bruyne was Bundesliga POTY at Wolfsburg and the in demand midfielder the summer we got him. Aguero was a well spoken about striker, Mahrez was winning leagues for Leicester and scoring and assisting double digits consistently.

Sane was tearing Real Madrid apart for Shalke at the Bernabeu at 18/19.

List can go on.

I think this summer we cannot mess about with maybes.. we have to get it absolutely spot on.

It's no coincidence that Gvardiol has been the primary success story from the last window. He was the only one who had shown it at the top level in the CL, Bundesliga and the World Cup. The rest hadn't done anything to note a move to City.
I agree with this, no more taking punts on maybes or potential blah blah blah. Either buy the best or promote from EDS. We need to stop wasting big lumps of money on nearly men. Go out show the world why we’re the best club in the world and have ambition to keep us there. Wirtz Sane Musiala Kimich, Pedre, Gavi and so on these are the level at which we should be going for… no more cloggers

I agree with this, no more taking punts on maybes or potential blah blah blah. Either buy the best or promote from EDS. We need to stop wasting big lumps of money on nearly men. Go out show the world why we’re the best club in the world and have ambition to keep us there. Wirtz Sane Musiala Kimich, Pedre, Gavi and so on these are the level at which we should be going for… no more cloggers
We've bought plenty of players that wern't flavour of the month and done very well on the back of it. No reason to change that stategy now and I don't expect we will.

Well it seems according to Tolmie that Pep wants Bruno and Paqueta definately? Musiala isnt happening imo mate and not sure who else in that mould is available at the moment
And you may be right. Just slightly disappointing is all.

If we spend £300m, I believe we'd be selling ourselves short to not see a Wirtz, Musiala, Mbappe, Leao, Pedri, De Jong, Saka, Khvicha, Sane, Davies, Ousmane, Kulusevski, or even Palmer come through the door alongside a Paqueta, Kimmich, Neves, Eze/Olise, Bruno G, Frimpong. Not to say the lads I mentioned first are much better, if at all, but the margins are small at our level, and I think they have higher potential to improve our project.

A window of Paqueta, Kimmich/Neves/Bruno G, Frimpong and one of the attacking lads I mentioned above would be excellent.

Should also look to secure the services some of the younger lads that will be demanding well over 100m each soon. The Bakayoko, Diomande, Leny Yoro, or Zaire-Emery type quality.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the bigger names on this list become linked with us soon. We've been quite conservative / slow in the market lately and with all of our revenues, a big move should not be off the table.

A brand name, a few squad players and a wonderkid on the shopping list then.
Many of the names I mentioned would cost similar fees to the players we're targeting. Just a matter of getting the players to push a move. I think this is possible, seeing who we are.

Many of the names I mentioned would cost similar fees to the players we're targeting. Just a matter of getting the players to push a move. I think this is possible, seeing who we are.
I don't think all the players mentioned in this thread are players we are targeting.

The only one likely to move to City in the first list is Musiala and we're linked with him already. No idea why Kulu & Palmer, Dembele are on that level but not needed or moving either.

Yoro's a shout though, like him in the RB/RCB role we have. Bakayoko and Diomende have been linked previously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.