James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Remains to be seen but I get the feeling based on nothing whatsoever that it may be an interesting summer for us.
I wouldn't mind if he stayed around with Bobb, and have him, Bobb, and Savio are our RW options next season.

Let them battle it out for who is the most consistent, Savio can also play LW where Doku is.

Shift Grealish into the middle, might be space, all under the assumption Bernie is likely leaving.

Bobb is hardly getting minutes. Can’t see where McAtee gets them when he returns. He’s played quite a bit of football over 2 seasons now. Would be surprised if he’s still here after the summer. Doubt he’d want to waiting patiently for a chance.

Season wasted really with an awful choice of loan. Doyle looks miles ahead of him right now after a good loan at Wolves and nobody would have said that after seeing them both last season.

I suspect we will take whatever offers come in this summer for him and stick a buy back in there. he's nowhere near ready for us and were stacked in that area anyway before potential new signings.

another loan might Work if we find a decent club but he'll only have a year left on his contract after that so we'd have to tie him to an extension beforehand.

Season wasted really with an awful choice of loan. Doyle looks miles ahead of him right now after a good loan at Wolves and nobody would have said that after seeing them both last season.

I suspect we will take whatever offers come in this summer for him and stick a buy back in there. he's nowhere near ready for us and were stacked in that area anyway before potential new signings.

another loan might Work if we find a decent club but he'll only have a year left on his contract after that so we'd have to tie him to an extension beforehand.
I disagree. I don't see how playing a full year of Premier League football can be bad for you.

Mentally and physically he's miles ahead of where he was a year ago. He's achieved 6 goal contributions in 33 games playing with the likes of Mcburnie.

The difference in speed between the Premier League and the Championship is huge. Playing at Leicester would've been too easy and against a lower level of opposition.

No matter how bad Sheffield United are, this year was massive for him personally and he'll be a much better player for it.

McAtee is playing again and should end with close to 2,000 minutes in the top division. As good as Doyle has been, he’ll likely have close to 1,350 minutes come the end of the season.

We still don’t have anyone who is ready to take on the role that Grealish plays on our right, and we’ll likely be spending big on the central midfield, so it would make sense to keep him in the squad for 24-25. With the summer of football coming and the experiences we’ve had this year, anyone thinking we can get through next season injury-free needs their nostrils over the espresso.

Season wasted really with an awful choice of loan.
Eh? He played 2000 minutes, if he’d stayed he’d have been lucky to play 90 minutes over 38 games.

At his age every minute is positive - obviously he’s not going to make it here but he should get a decent move this summer.

I disagree. I don't see how playing a full year of Premier League football can be bad for you.

Mentally and physically he's miles ahead of where he was a year ago. He's achieved 6 goal contributions in 33 games playing with the likes of Mcburnie.

The difference in speed between the Premier League and the Championship is huge. Playing at Leicester would've been too easy and against a lower level of opposition.

No matter how bad Sheffield United are, this year was massive for him personally and he'll be a much better player for it.
I didn't say it was bad for him, I said it was a waste in that he hasn't progressed anywhere near as much as hoped and probably expected. Doyle may have played less but he's progressed more with a better loan, he's wasted a year going back there, he's further away from making our side since the likes of Bobb's emergence and his value won't have risen since last summer when we reportedly were rejecting £30-40 million bids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.