FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Both Pep and the players had an off day, didn’t look at the races at all until Doku came on. That starting lineup looked like Pep giving into sentiment a bit and starting a couple purely because they didn’t start against West Ham. Was the wrong game plan too though and the damage was done before we changed it.

Both Pep and the players having an off day is rarer than pretty much every team that has ever played football though and I don’t feel particular down given what this group has achieved over the last couple of seasons. I doubt we lose that game if we didn’t win the title last week, but it shows just how hard winning multiple trophies, particularly on the bounce, is.

Just a shame it had to happen against them!

Agree with all that mate. To change the centre back pairing for such a big game was a strange move.

As you say, it's rare that Pep or the players get things wrong and a double whammy of it being the cup final and against them.

But, to have responded to a treble winning season by achieving a 4th consecutive league title and reaching an FA Cup final is an incredible effort. Clearly we're disappointed today, but seeing united fans talking about how they 'deserved' to win today, just reminds me of everything we want to avoid turning into. Celebrate the good times and take the defeats on the chin. No entitlement.

Win or lose, it doesn't make the journey home from Wembley any quicker or slower.

Today pretty well summed up our season in many ways. Pedestrian build up, no movement, even being brainless at times. It was like watching a Subbuteo game. One player moving with the ball while the rest stopped still. Where is the incisive movement, the runs into the half channels? When Doku was on the ball another player came over to double up with his marker. That left a gap in what used to be called the inside left channel for a City player to go into but no one moved for him and he had to do it all himself. Where was the movement and passing that led to Sané scoring that incredible goal at Arsenal? Where's the dynamism gone? I struggle to see how we won the title sometimes.

KDB has been a shadow of the player he was. Bernardo has been very pedestrian most of the season. Foden has carried us but had a very poor game today. And unless we were trying to help Poundland Pep keep his job, why start a very rusty Ake & Stones in a final? Haaland's technique, or lack of it, pisses me off, as well as his propensity to stroll around and exhibit no urgency to close down. You do wonder if too many players have become too complacent. Pep needs to look everyone in the eye this summer and decide if they've got the fight in them.

Last edited:
Unforgivable? Ashamed? Cold hard look at themselves?

What a fucking embarrassing take, you need to do the above and get a grip.

All tried their best did they then? Not been out on the piss for a week?

Don’t give a fuck how many medals they’ve won, that show today was pure unprofessionalism.

We play better under pressure, for the first time in weeks that intensity was removed and the result was todays underwhelming performance, the team have done us proud, today was a massive off day, I feel we never truly play our best game at Wembley, not sure why.

Win or lose, it doesn't make the journey home from Wembley any quicker or slower.

Today pretty well summed up our season in many ways. Pedestrian build up, no movement, even being brainless at times. It was like watching a Subbuteo game. One player moving with the ball while the rest stopped still. Where is the incisive movement, the runs into the half channels? When Doku was on the balk, another player came over to double up with his marker. That left a gap in what used to be called the inside left channel for a City player to go into but no one moved for him and he had to do it all himself. Where was the movement and passing that led to Sané scoring that incredible goal at Arsenal? Where's the dynamism gone? I struggle to see how we won the title sometimes.

KDB has been a shadow of the player he was. Bernardo has been very pedestrian moat of the season Foden has carried us but had a very poor game today. And unless we were trying to help Poundland Pep keep his job, why start a very rusty Ake & Stones in a final? Haaland's technique, or lack of it, pisses me off, as well as his propensity to stroll around and exhibit no urgency to close down. You do wonder if too many players have become too complacent. Pep needs to look everyone in the eye this summer and decide if they've got the fight in them.
The support Doku got in the early part of the second half was atrocious. He had no one to pass to so often and was on his own. It was so unlike us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.