Mancini out (Merged)

Re: Mancini out

We haven't beaten a decent side since September.

Our record in ten matches so far against the top 7

Won 2 drawn 3 lost 5

We are 4th by a thread. We were top in January. We haven't won away from our ground in ten matches and that includes a championship side, a relegation candidate in division 1 and an awful Greek side.

Dzeko was bought to boost our title chances and yet has contributed zero so far despite having the best scoring record the German league has ever seen, every player Mancini signed with the exception of silva has been average or worse.

He rests two players in de Jong and silva to protect them from injury then brings them on at 3.0 down, he is involved in player unrest and ships out decent players and to cap it off he makes excuse after excuse when we don't win.

If we win on Saturday it will gloss over the problems of which there are many.

Villan10 said:
From a neutrals view, I'd say he's done a pretty poor job. To be 13 points behind a pretty poor player for player Man United side compared to other years is really bad given the money spent. Based on pure squads, I'd have City 1st, maybe 2nd to Chelsea, yet you might even struggle for a top 4 finish which should be the absolute bare minimum. He had half last season and a full pre-season and still can't get it going.

City are a club now that could attract just about any manager in the world, probably bar Ferguson/Wenger. Sticking with Mancini would be pretty daft when there are plenty of other managers out there who could do a lot better and play much better attacking football with the players you have at your disposal. It's actually quite frustrating, I love football, I love great football even more. City should be taking the game to likes of United/Arsenal etc...not looking to simply go there for a point and look to keep it tight. That's for the likes of Blackburn, Stoke, heck even us at the minute.

You should be challenging for the title, not trying to hold onto 4th place. Which is even worse because you don't play attacking football, pretty football at times but not aggressive.

I would agree with that. Mancini has done very average.

every time we lose people start shouting "Mancini out" (I wonder how many sing Mancini song)
We can't keep changing managers we need stability, we've got to start stabalising somewhere, so why not here and now ?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Won 2 drawn 3 lost 5

We are 4th by a thread. We were top in January. We haven't won away from our ground in ten matches and that includes a championship side, a relegation candidate in division 1 and an awful Greek side.

Dzeko was bought to boost our title chances and yet has contributed zero so far despite having the best scoring record the German league has ever seen, every player Mancini signed with the exception of silva has been average or worse.

He rests two players in de Jong and silva to protect them from injury then brings them on at 3.0 down, he is involved in player unrest and ships out decent players and to cap it off he makes excuse after excuse when we don't win.

This in a nutshell. I don't think Mancini can change, therefore he has to be changed. I can't be sure that he has lost the dressing room but it certainly looks like it to me. The team needs an almost complete overhaul with the exception of Hart, Kompany, Silva, Johnson, De Jong and Tevez. There are a couple of other regular performers including Zab who will make good squad players. Either Mancini needs to do this or preferrably someone else because I wouldn't trust him to make the right decisions.

hilts said:
Unknown_Genius said:
No, finishing in a Champions League spot is far more important in the long term, for the financial fair play, and in attracting the elite players, and keeping the ones we have. Forget what the Rags say, and there 35 year obsession, the league is the ultimate priority, anything else is a bonus. Between 4th, and nothing, and 5th with the FA Cup, its 4th anyday, don't even have to think about it.

winning a trophy and getting that monkey off our backs is the most important thing, spurs are in the champions league elite players are not queing up to join them, the problem we have is we are trying to become a major club overnight which is nigh on impossible, we cant in one season have a new manager,new squad and become part of the elite

building a successful history and reputation takes time and time is something we dont have, this season has taught me that this whole "project" is a lot harder than we envisaged

Are you for real? 4th IS and always IS the priority. The above poster has stated exactly why.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Won 2 drawn 3 lost 5

Bang on the money. And we havnt been unlucky in those losses, just poor performances by average players.

With Mancini, Im gettin a bit like i was when Royle & Keegan were gettin toward the end of their stints....... its been nice, but time to go!

Mancini out

I'm certainly not knee-jerk, I've said this from day 1 he is terrible.
The only person connected to city EVER who I have genuine hatred for.

But but but we are 4th....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.