Can we have a poll on Dzeko....?

SWP's back said:
MSP said:
But Dzeko is favorite one to blame by SWP, Jumanji and rest of moaning gang, he could score 40 this season and he would still be.
When is plays badly yes. As with most City fans, I can be objective unlike twatty fan boys that add nothing to the forum.

-- Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm --

MSP said:
SWP's back said:
Yes if, like last night, we need a striker to hold the fucking ball up to allow the midfield to gain a foothold when we are under the cosh.

Some people have a very simplistic view of football if they think a striker should only be able to score goals. All our strikers can do that, why do you think Mancini issued a 2 or 3 minute bollocking to him with 15 minutes to go when a Liverpool player was getting treatment. He wasn't working hard enough.

No, we needed midfield to hold the fucking ball and bring it to strikers as that's their fucking job
Funnily enough, it's a team game and sometimes strikers have to do some fucking work. Look at Tevez. Look at Aguero. Look at Drogba and Henry who between them have been the best example of forward play in the last decade. They worked their bollocks off for the cause. They didn't "just get in on the end of crosses as that's their job".

As I say, Mancini bollocked him for long enough for this very reason.

You are right about and he is SHIT in that category, but YOU CANT compare a striker who is 192cm and a striker who is 171-172cm's. The Tevez/Aguero/Bellamy body types will ALWAYS give you a better/different working rate as to TALLER strikers. IMO you guys are used to to this type of players and Aguero fits the 2 previous strikes such as Tevez and Bellamy. In Dzeko you will never get that and you should cope with that and move on to the things that he's good at.

Hopefully Balo won't be injured or suspended anymore and we will not have these useless forums about DZEKO every single day as he will be warming the BENCH.

Maybe we need another Aguero then and he can go and play target man elsewhere.

Maybe when you buy your own club and install yourself as a manager.

Til that happens, you can just post your shit on forums as usual ;)

Another thing, unlike you, I am a City fan, that is kinda important. I only care about City and have absolutely no time for your political crap about Dzeko being the hero of your new and proud nation.

haha, anyone seen this coming ?

Fuck off you moron, from 1200 of my posts on this forums, not more than 5% are Dzeko related :)

Josh Blue said:
Dzeko played well last night imo
And scored another goal. 14 goals in 27 appearances. Not bad for a striker supposedly not playing well.

Imbeciles!

Dzeko was never going to score 40 goals for us in a season. Wolfsburg revolved their entire team around him the way Newcastle did with Carroll and Liverpool did with Torres when he was there and scoring.

We don't do that, and he's still banging in more than most EPL strikers who play week in week out.

Dzeko is class. Not the best at holding up the ball, we have Aguero for that.. but he can do it. Great poacher.

When he plays badly we should be able to criticise him without going over board. Hes form isn't brilliant and his confidence is shot at. The man has great abilities and instead of moaning and groaning everytime he has a bad touch we should just get behind him and try and bring out the best in him. I think he is a world beater but not showing it right now. Lets get behind all of them, even kolarov :)

Hart Dog said:
2mffcps.png

Oh ffs..ive looked at that many times today and just got it..

quality.. oh ffs.. doh !!

Thorpiemcfc said:
He is good enough, we don't get enough crosses in the box for him to get onto, prime example the Tottenham game away, banged in crosses and he scored 4, he's not like Balo and Aguero who like it to feet, he'd prefer to run onto it, and his passing is great (one to AJ last night, one to AJ at Arsenal etc)

Won't find many better 'Target Men' with the passing and (on his day) touch he has, and still fairly young, Keep every day of the week, and sign a winger who will bang crosses onto his head (Bale, or even Valencia or a player like them)

He clearly likes to drop deep as well and occasionally he produces something really good but his first touch lets him down too often and he loses the ball too much. I think he has a lot more development in him and he will not reach his peak for another 3-4 years. I don't think he is a target man as he doesn't win enough balls in the air.

Wanna see him more in the six yard box and a bit more anticipation wouldn't go amiss. When we do flash the ball across the box he's not there because he was involved in the build up or he wasn't bustin' a gut to get in there.

Still work in progress and the coaches need to drill that into him. Concentrate more on being in the right place, less pissin' about outside the box.

Will never forget how much he celebrated after the Cup Final with all the other players - and he never even got off the bench.

Definately a 'keep'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.