Can we have a poll on Dzeko....?

SWP's back said:
JBG said:
Worked hard and was absolutely everywhere for the last 30 minutes; you could tell he wanted to win. On top of that, he scored a goal and whipped in a beautiful pass to AJ (which he does with some frequency) that could have won us the game. He is the last player I would blame for the loss last night. The first half was a total clusterfuck tactically where there was no movement forward whatsoever. To think Edin is to blame for that is to think he is to blame for everything (or any one player, really) -- just confirmation bias.
He was awful last night goal aside.

Could hold up his own socks.

Absolutely this SWP.

Said it for a while now hiw overall workrate,effort has been very poor despite his 15 goals for the season.Look at Agueros work rate and compare.

I would see and try to get Cavani but that is me!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Workrate would never be a problem with him, to use his own words, "We always try to leave our souls on the field."

But I think we're asking for SOME things from Dzeko that he shouldn't have to do, as I said in my other post in this thread I think we should be using him as a fox in the box but that means more crosses and decisive passes.

Look at Wigan and Liverpool. Two great crosses, one in each game, and Dzeko got on the end of both.

LoveCity said:

Workrate would never be a problem with him, to use his own words, "We always try to leave our souls on the field."

But I think we're asking for SOME things from Dzeko that he shouldn't have to do, as I said in my other post in this thread I think we should be using him as a fox in the box but that means more crosses and decisive passes.

Look at Wigan and Liverpool. Two great crosses, one in each game, and Dzeko got on the end of both.

Maybe,but other than those 2 goals,what has he done in the last 3 games apart from get in the way of Aguero!! He is not a world class striker for me.This isnt a dzeko bashing session this is just an opinion of a potential area we could improve

LoveCity said:

Maybe,but other than those 2 goals,what has he done in the last 3 games apart from get in the way of Aguero!! He is not a world class striker for me.This isnt a dzeko bashing session this is just an opinion of a potential area we could improve

What is the area Dzeko could improve "besides scoring goals" which strikers are paid to do ?? Imo he could be more aggressive.

blue44 said:
he's crap,pure crap

the sunderland game i will never forget or forgive him,5 6 or 7 good chances and not one goal ,that game will haunt us i reckon
To be fair, on a day like that you could have given Messi 5, 6 or 7 chances and he wouldn't have scored either. Luck was against us that day.<br /><br />-- January 26th, 2012, 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
pee dubya said:
I don't think anyone's disputing his goalscoring record/contribution, it's just the frequency with which he has a poor game and comes up with one or 2 important moments. Everyone accepts that good players can have poor games, and sometimes it only take 1 moment of brilliance to win a match.

The problem is the key to consistency of results is controlling football matches, if your strikers hold onto the ball up the pitch it makes it a hell of a lot easier to create chances, score goals and put pressure on the opposition. At the moment Dzeko doesn't hold onto the ball well enough, often enough in my view.

I think he's a very good player, but we're at a level now where if your striker scores i don't think you can completely disregard the rest of his performance, there's more to it than that.

I think he'll get better though, if we stick with him....and support him.
Very, very good assessment.

Dzeko is shit.

One dimensional, needs things on a plate. I was behind the goal last night and watched him closely the whole game.

I observed - he doesnt have a 'football brain', his touch is pathetic, he isn't mobile, he is useless at winning flick ons despite his height, he's soft as shit and he doesn't graft.

Yes he scored, but to be fair most of us on here could've scored that goal. He was a few yards out unmarked.

As soon as the opposition see him on the teamsheet their defenders will fancy it.

Nice lad. Shit footballer.

samharris said:
salfordblues said:
hattab said:
Dzeko - 27 apps 15 goals 7 ass
And he is not good enough ???
jackie-chan-meme.png

This is the crux of the division of opinion amongst blues.

Some will say that he scores goals, what more do you want from a striker?

Others will argue that although he can score, he has put in some woeful performances and cannot perform consistently.

Hes a striker who scores goals, 15 so far in all comps and we are only half way through the season.. if he scores a goal a game for the rest of the seaon some on here will still moan that apart from scoring he does fuck all..

In yesterdays match Dzeko was absolutely dire except for one good pass and one goal he was utter utter shite. He just couldn't keep hold of the ball and kept screwing up simple passes which is why we kept coming under so much pressure by Liverpool IMO. As nearly every time we went and attacked Dzeko would get the ball then lose it and the bindippers would quickly counter.

I think Dzeko can come good but we're playing him completely wrong. We just need to get him to stay up top instead of dropping deep which he does far to often. Then get him to attack the back post when we attack from the wings or something. As there just doesn't seem to be a plan with Dzeko he's all over the place and our play from the wings never seems to get to him.

samharris said:
salfordblues said:
hattab said:
Dzeko - 27 apps 15 goals 7 ass
And he is not good enough ???
jackie-chan-meme.png

This is the crux of the division of opinion amongst blues.

Some will say that he scores goals, what more do you want from a striker?

Others will argue that although he can score, he has put in some woeful performances and cannot perform consistently.

Hes a striker who scores goals, 15 so far in all comps and we are only half way through the season.. if he scores a goal a game for the rest of the seaon some on here will still moan that apart from scoring he does fuck all..

It's just pathetic isn't it ?

Specially the part about chances. Everybody mention 6-7 chances at Sunderland and I can't remember any clear chance he had on that game. Some awful shots - yes, one great shot - yes but I challenge anyone to bring me one clear chance he missed on that match. The best chance missed on that one was Aguero's after Dzeko's assist and I'm pretty sure Aguero has missed as twice good chances as Dzeko did this season, specially in last 10 games when Aguero's finishing was awful.

But Dzeko is favorite one to blame by SWP, Jumanji and rest of moaning gang, he could score 40 this season and he would still be.

Aguero barely touched the ball last night and in 2nd half against Spurs but it's always Dzeko who get ripped apart from that gang when something is wrong.

LoveCity said:

Assisted Lescott against Tottenham, great run when Nasri scored (look where the defenders went), shoud have had an penalty yesterday and sa great ball to AJ that should have resulted in a ticket to Wembley. What more do you expect? Some good looking robinho-moves that result in nothing??

Dzeko is an enigma. Stats prove he is good enough, performances suggest otherwise. I think if we could get £20m for him minimum i would take it and reinvest with someone a bit more cultured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.