A Proud Day - updated - page 4.

Re: A proud day my life. Updated.

After the disappointment of last year's rained off event, the anticipation for this year's Dad's Egg & Spoon Race had grown to a fever pitch. Hushed whispers in the darkened corridors of power suggested that there was a rule change due to be passed in an eleventh hour bid to prevent me taking my rightful place on the throne.

I arrived at the venue to watch my daughter win silver in the "Egg & Spoon Race" race, "The Sack Race" and the straight sprint. She showed that gold runs through the family veins though by taking gold in the "Balance a Hoop On Your Head" race. She'd set the standard.

The toddlers had their sham of a race, it was all mum's carrying their disinterested children along the course in an attempt to live their lives through their offsprings.

Then the big event had arrived. Another Generation had brought the Scandinavian supporters club over from Oslo and charliebigspuds had reserved trackside tickets for himself and his mates much to the annoyance of the headteacher who then had to stand.

The competitors lined up, the cruel twist was that upon carrying the egg to the end of the track, the runners had to leave his equipment there and sprint back to the start line.

One joker likened himself to Usain Bolt in the tense moments leading up to the start of the race but intimidation tactics have never worked with me. The teacher shouted and I was off like shit off a shovel. After the drama of 2011, I took extra care not to drop the egg. I reached the midway drop off point neck and neck with Billy Bullshit.

We turned and headed for the start / finish line. I held my nerve, got my legs going and romped home to claim gold. I have successfully defended my title and a period of dominance looks inevitable.

I'd like to thank my army of fans for their continued support and promise to try everything possible to make it a hat-trick of triumphs next year!

citykev28 said:
charliebigspuds said:
If it wasn't for that Scottish bloke winning the tennis we could have a Sports Personality of the Year on our hands here

You got back to Manchester quickly. You were slightly worse for wear when you left that pub close to Paragon Station. Did you enjoy yourself Chazza?

it was excellent mate, train broke down so I thumbed it, I'm at Hartshead Moor services on the black coffee

charliebigspuds said:
citykev28 said:
charliebigspuds said:
If it wasn't for that Scottish bloke winning the tennis we could have a Sports Personality of the Year on our hands here

You got back to Manchester quickly. You were slightly worse for wear when you left that pub close to Paragon Station. Did you enjoy yourself Chazza?

it was excellent mate, train broke down so I thumbed it, I'm at Hartshead Moor services on the black coffee

Unfortunately mate, there is a bit of bad news. That flare that one of another generation's Norwegian mob let off has been the subject of conversation this evening. I'm glad he waited until after the race, I wouldn't have wanted to give the losers any excuse.
My Mam and Dad are in Turkey and won't even hear about this until they get the morning's papers! That'll teach them. I didn't see Andy Murray's mam flying out during Wimbledon.

Also a poignant reminder of GSC, with one of his last posts appearing at the top of page 4 (post 31 in this thread).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.