The new training complex.

Working on new academy. Site is huge! All contractors MUST wear hard hat and hi vis with City logo. Upset a few.

Majority of buildings rebar and concrete. Quick to build. Not many steel buildings.

Whats happening with the athletics ground?

Is that going back to just athletics?

jrb said:
The building under construction(steel frame) is the V shaped building in the render. Gives you an idea of where the on the training complex the pictures were taken from.

mcfa-view-1-night.jpg

You were on Wilson street ?

EDIT: Ahh its Clayton lane on the verge at the side of Openshaw village.

i only hope that this wonderful complex is media proof and the only pictures they're able to get are official ones released by club or from a bloody airship !

northstander said:
i only hope that this wonderful complex is media proof and the only pictures they're able to get are official ones released by club or from a bloody airship !
Good job they pulled that chimney down on Clayton Aniline or the bastards would have built a crows nest up there and couldv poked their long range cameras anywhere

I was on the stadium tour with the old man last week and they start off by talking you through the plans for it! It unreal!! Just thought I'd list a few things that I was unaware of before the tour just incase you don't know:

- It will have 30+ apartments that the first team squad and coaches are given for the year so they do not need to stay in a hotel the night before home games. Feed back from players is that they cannot truly relax in a hotel.
- The indoor pitch has full climate control so you can train in extreme conditions, such as -35* like Russia or in extreme humidity. Designed to help champions league preparation. The pitch indoor can also be tilted to recreate actual ground gradients.
- All the full size pitches will be made from different types of grass that will re create prem grounds. They use the example of stoke leaving their pitch to grow before we play at theirs to prevent a free flowing passing game.
- State of the art hospital, that they hope will prevent sending players to different countries for different types of injuries, would mean we could treat all our own serious injuries in house! How we would have loved to have this in Paul Lakes hay day!

There were loads of things the guy was telling us but it all just pointed to it being the best of the best!! He told us the implications if the contractors don't have it ready in time would be massive for them!! I would think it will be more than ready on time! Our owners know their shit I tell you!!

Sibrady said:
I was on the stadium tour with the old man last week and they start off by talking you through the plans for it! It unreal!! Just thought I'd list a few things that I was unaware of before the tour just incase you don't know:

- It will have 30+ apartments that the first team squad and coaches are given for the year so they do not need to stay in a hotel the night before home games. Feed back from players is that they cannot truly relax in a hotel.
- The indoor pitch has full climate control so you can train in extreme conditions, such as -35* like Russia or in extreme humidity. Designed to help champions league preparation. The pitch indoor can also be tilted to recreate actual ground gradients.
- All the full size pitches will be made from different types of grass that will re create prem grounds. They use the example of stoke leaving their pitch to grow before we play at theirs to prevent a free flowing passing game.
- State of the art hospital, that they hope will prevent sending players to different countries for different types of injuries, would mean we could treat all our own serious injuries in house! How we would have loved to have this in Paul Lakes hay day!

There were loads of things the guy was telling us but it all just pointed to it being the best of the best!! He told us the implications if the contractors don't have it ready in time would be massive for them!! I would think it will be more than ready on time! Our owners know their shit I tell you!!

Sounds and looks good

notdead said:
Working on new academy. Site is huge! All contractors MUST wear hard hat and hi vis with City logo. Upset a few.

Majority of buildings rebar and concrete. Quick to build. Not many steel buildings.

My brother in law is one of the Project Managers. Massive Red. He's already told me about the hard hat with the logo. I will be purposely driving down to get a picture of him wearing this, will be booking a day off work to do so, will be well worth it.

Can you imagine having to wear anything with a United logo on it? I think I'd rather resign

A crane for the company I work for ( ainscough the yellow crane) is on there erecting steel, not sure what building it is.as i ain't seen him but from what I do know is that whilst working on site you have to wear an mcfc entitled hi viz vest or ejected from site, the rags at our place are not happy lmao, will post more when I find more info or if my crane goes on...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.