The Biggest Problem With This Team Is Motivation

SoDakBlue

I've had this sneaking suspicion since the latter days of Mancini's reign, but the biggest problem with this team is our players' motivation and desire. Except for four select games we have played well this year, the games we have lost were clearly the result of players just simply not being up for it. The energy effort for 80 minutes tonight against Bayern was absolutely pathetic. No one moving into passing lanes, no one closing down. It doesn't matter who coaches this team, the players are the problem and until we get an attitude change from the majority of this team, we will win nothing this season. End of.

Agreed, I think some players think they are world class but in reality are very good players who dont play constantly, or work for the team consistently.... I think thats why we have signed navas and negredo, 2 players who try to work hard for the team and dont have advertisement deals, shampoos named after them and ego's that are too big!

blutone3 said:
Managers fault......simples!
Sorry, I missed the first 7 minutes where pelligrini substituted himself after he failed to save the first goal because he was too busy thinking about his new head and shoulders advert?!?!

RobertBlue said:
Agreed, I think some players think they are world class but in reality are very good players who dont play constantly, or work for the team consistently.... I think thats why we have signed navas and negredo, 2 players who try to work hard for the team and dont have advertisement deals, shampoos named after them and ego's that are too big!

Yes, those commercial endorsements seem to be really holding back Messi and Ronaldo...

FromPollockToSilva said:
RobertBlue said:

Yes, those commercial endorsements seem to be really holding back Messi and Ronaldo...
Yeah, but they ARE world class and do it week in...week out... and have done for the last 5 years... who in our line up has?

RobertBlue said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
RobertBlue said:

Yeah, but they ARE world class and do it week in...week out... and have done for the last 5 years... who in our line up has?

Consistency is exactly right. It's starting to feel like a flash in a pan for alot of these players. They got their taste of success in the league and cup and instead of that driving them to continue to win, they've settled.

RobertBlue said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
RobertBlue said:

If you're asking who we have that is anywhere near the same level as those two, I can't help you. But I equally do not believe that the problem comes down to advertising shampoo.

maybe they shuld put this on repeat in the locker room
[youtube] <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8</a>[/youtube]
but i don't know, they already have 6 figure motivations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.