The game is off

alib said:
they called the game off exactly at the right time - just as I was about to make up my flask!

Spot on time for me. Had been stuck on M62 west between jct 26 and 25 for an hour. Lorry over jct 23 apparently. Outside lane @ 2mph.
Radio 5 Live announced game off. Cue every car in outside lane in front of me and behind me indicating to turn left LOL !!!
Another 20 feet and I'd have missed the turn off @ jct 25 and faced maybe another 2 hours to get off @ jct 24 to turn back to come home.

Does life get more exciting !!!
CTID

Ps I think the rest will do our injured players more good than playing time. More confident now that we will beat Chelsea.
Got home in time to watch the current PL Champions playing the aspiring PL Champions. Fell asleep after 5 minutes.
Woke up 90 minutes later . Score still the same. Did I miss anything?

levets said:
Bluescholar said:
Harvster said:
Question for people of a certain age.
Only other City game I can remember being postponed whilst on route to the game would have been in the mid to late 70s.
We had just reached Claremont Road on our way to our usual spot on Santiago Street, when my dad got told by a bloke in a car coming the other way that the game was off due to the fog.
Anybody know who we would have been playing?
(I don't have a clue by the way!)

Think it was Villa, well that's the only one I remember from back then!

Chelsea... 73-74 ... everybody went to Oldham v Bolton and City came across the pitch and kicked the wanderers out of the Chaddy end

I remember being halfway to Forest on a minibus for FA cup match mid to late 70's when called off snow.
Went to rearranged match on the Tuesday night lost one nil and got pelted with coins after game boarding our bus!!

What game got called of due to the rain at Maine Rood I'm guessing around 2002?

Mid week game in the Cup?

Was it Ipswich?

The mid 70's gameat home was Chelsea for fog. My dad and I were just on LLoyds St when it was pulled.

We've had 2 games at Villa called off when I was on route in the late 70's when our Mayne's coach arrived at Villa Park and the original game before White scored 4 for snow when only a mile from home.

The Future is Blue said:
levets said:
Bluescholar said:
Think it was Villa, well that's the only one I remember from back then!

Chelsea... 73-74 ... everybody went to Oldham v Bolton and City came across the pitch and kicked the wanderers out of the Chaddy end

I remember being halfway to Forest on a minibus for FA cup match mid to late 70's when called off snow.
Went to rearranged match on the Tuesday night lost one nil and got pelted with coins after game boarding our bus!!

I remember being stuck on the motorway in terrible fog when a game against Crewe was called off. Keegan era.

Was tucking into pint at Summerbee Bar when screen flashed up that game was off, shared a cab back into town with an Argentinian guy and his son who now live in Chile and had flown in for this game! The lad was gutted and put my wasted journey into context!

singcat said:
Was tucking into pint at Summerbee Bar when screen flashed up that game was off, shared a cab back into town with an Argentinian guy and his son who now live in Chile and had flown in for this game! The lad was gutted and put my wasted journey into context!

He flew in from Chile just for this game?

If he'd have told someone at the club they'd have probably taken him to meet the players and that.

Only on blue moon could there be a 48 page thread about the wind and it causing the abandonment of the game.
The game was called off because members of the publics safety could not be guaranteed around the stadium and getting to and from the game. Good call I say.So they don't call it off and someone gets seriously injured due to flying debris etc.Then what?
Personally it was a blessing in disguise as the players got a full week off pre Chelsea despite the fact it took me nigh on 2 hrs to get home.
Roll on Saturday.
Oh what is the forecast by the way?? :-)

Joburg Hero said:
On the plus side, we get extra rest before the Chelsea game, we'll have Dinho, Aguero and Nasri back for the rearranged fixture vs Sunderland, and, to top it all off, Wes Brown will now miss the cup final. I was pissed that the game was called off, but in hindsight, it's worked out well for us.

Think Brown is still able to play. Thought he got a 2 game ban and they play Fa cup and Arsenal before Cup final.

blue b4 the moon said:
The mid 70's gameat home was Chelsea for fog. My dad and I were just on LLoyds St when it was pulled.

We've had 2 games at Villa called off when I was on route in the late 70's when our Mayne's coach arrived at Villa Park and the original game before White scored 4 for snow when only a mile from home.

I was outside the ground in the fog when I discovered Chelsea was off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.