This City

If Carlsberg did propaganda videos...

OK, I can see why some might find it cheesy, but remember it was made for an exclusive event for City fans and I doubt the intention was to show it to the world. If I saw this at the ground a while before kick-off, it'd definitely get me in the mood to sing. The majority seem to love it and for good reason!

What interests me is that the club almost seems to be having an identity crisis. They like to show pictures of big banners, of fans climbing where they shouldn't climb, of pitch invasions, of smoke bombs, of great togetherness. Meanwhile, ticket prices go up pricing out a huge percentage of our fans, hand-made banners/flags are banned from level two, and they almost try to make the match day experience the very opposite of what they like to celebrate in pictures and videos.

The voice over is David Threlfall, better known as Shameless Frank Gallagher, who is a blue.
I thought the vid was superb and and am very surprised that so many blues are not keen.

Thought it was quite rousing!
I know there are some miserable buggers ( goes with the territory of a) being a Northerner b) a long suffering Blue) who don't buy into it, and don't buy programmes, or shirts, drink tinnies before the game to save on buying beer in the ground and have butties wrapped in tinfoil stuffed in their pockets, as paying whatever it is thesedays for a Jamie Oliver pie is bloody outrageous! and swear that they don't agree with all these calculated, glitzy, well edited promos, and won't be brainwashed / hoodwinked into this corporate world view, ( I know, as I'm one of them) but sometimes, isn't it just great to surrender yourself to the masses, be swept away in the tide of belonging, that is why we go to games, isn't it? to belong, to be part of something, ?, this is what I try to explain to my non football loving wife, when she asks me, why I put myself through it! I thought This hit it squarely on the head, should play it before the Liverpool game.

When the wife has gone to bed in five minutes or so I will watch this on Apple TV and confirm definitively whether this is cheese or brilliant.

I'm the perfect barometer, you see. I'm always up for a bit of City sentimentality but I hate lowest common denominator tackiness.

As it stands, if skashion hates it and danamy and GDM like it then I'm pretty likely to love it.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
I might have been a tad harsh..I'm sure it appeals to the fan it's aimed at

The type that go to City Live and wear the club shop

I'm probably our marketing men's worst nightmare

I buy my season ticket and the odd hotdog..and that's all they get from me

Not bought a new shirt for years

Get pissed before the game

Eat before the game mostly (see hot dog)

Don't buy programmes

Have been to City Square twice since it's conception

I'm interested in the football & a crack with my mates that's all

You can keep all this 'This Is Our City' bollocks

Course it's my City..been mine since I was knee high

Don't need anyone to tell me

I know I sound a barrel if laughs..and I actually am

I just can't be arsed with the bollocks that goes with it all
I'm pretty much the same as you but I thought the video was excellent and would love the pic of zaba with blue blood. Would really appreciate it if someone could make it.

They should show that on the big screens tomorrow, ten minutes before ko. Everyone will be buzzing except the dippers :)

Didsbury Dave said:
When the wife has gone to bed in five minutes or so I will watch this on Apple TV and confirm definitively whether this is cheese or brilliant.

I'm the perfect barometer, you see. I'm always up for a bit of City sentimentality but I hate lowest common denominator tackiness.

As it stands, if skashion hates it and danamy and GDM like it then I'm pretty likely to love it.
ffs why do you have to wait for your wife to bed to watch it? It is not x rated ;/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.