Scottish independence

20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

The moaning kilt wearing cunts get the chance to fuck us English off for good and what do they do the mard twats ?

It was never about getting rid of the English or even hating England.
We look at Norway for example, they have less resources than Scotland, less oil, less exports and they still manage to be richer per person, have free healthcare, free schools, a better standard of living, lower unemployment rate and the average Norwegian is roughly £14k per year better off than the average scot. I voted Yes because I believe we could have had that.

The thing that swayed the vote was Cameron's offer of more powers for Scotland, more control over how our country is run and how our money is spent. If that had been an option, I would have voted for it. I don't believe Cameron's offer is real but he managed to convince enough people so now we'll wait and see.

I hate to think what will happen if we don't get those powers, right now there's 1.6million unhappy people, that number will go up massively if it turns out he was bullshitting.
Norway produces twice as much oil as the UK and exports most of it. That's why it's a rich country.

west didsblue said:
20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

The moaning kilt wearing cunts get the chance to fuck us English off for good and what do they do the mard twats ?

We look at Norway for example, they have less resources than Scotland, less oil, less exports and they still manage to be richer per person, have free healthcare, free schools, a better standard of living, lower unemployment rate and the average Norwegian is roughly £14k per year better off than the average scot. I voted Yes because I believe we could have had that.

The thing that swayed the vote was Cameron's offer of more powers for Scotland, more control over how our country is run and how our money is spent. If that had been an option, I would have voted for it. I don't believe Cameron's offer is real but he managed to convince enough people so now we'll wait and see.

I hate to think what will happen if we don't get those powers, right now there's 1.6million unhappy people, that number will go up massively if it turns out he was bullshitting.
Norway produces twice as much oil as the UK and exports most of it. That's why it's a rich country.

Why does a beer cost £6 then

johnmc said:
west didsblue said:
20sbc07 said:

To pay the barstaff and the brewery workers £14k more than those in Scotland (add to that they were exceedingly poor for the first 150+ years of independance)

johnmc said:
west didsblue said:

No idea.

What's the relevance anyway?

Edit: Found the answer
Norway already has the second highest alcohol taxes in the world after Iceland, with some 415 Kroner in taxes levied per litre of pure alcohol, next to 461 Kroner in Iceland. A litre of pure alcohol in the UK would be taxed the equivalent of 230 Kroner.

One empty vessel (Salmond) gone. One more empty vessel (Farage) to go.
The great british people vote with their wallets when push comes to shove.
Hopefully with it being a close vote we will get the constitutional reforms that have been promised.
I'd say a federal UK with regional government in the English regions, an elected House Of Lords and a written constitution
would be a big win for everybody in these islands, albeit 100 years overdue. Devo Max after all is all the majority of the
Scots ever really wanted. I for one am very glad that they are still "part of the family" whichever way they voted
(apart from Andy Murray of course he's a c***!).

20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

The moaning kilt wearing c**ts get the chance to fuck us English off for good and what do they do the mard twats ?

Are you plucking your figures for oil production out of thin-air? Norway produces 2 million barrels a day, more than twice what the UK does - not Scotland, but the entire UK - it also produces more gas than the UK. But that's besides the point, how many banks do you think would have registered in Scotland? What do you think the corporation tax income of the banking/financial sector is compared to oil?
What would you have done if Shetland and Orkney, who accounted for almost a no vote of 67%, had started their own independence movement when they realised they may have been better off outside of iScotland? Increased Irn Bru production?

Why are you using Norway as your example for public spending? Did you want to see £11 pints introduced in Scotland too?

You were sold a false dream that, thankfully, enough of the population recognised for what it was.

west didsblue said:
20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

The moaning kilt wearing c**ts get the chance to fuck us English off for good and what do they do the mard twats ?

I've stayed out of the debate as it didn't feel like my business as an Englishman. However, the financial arguments put forward, such as that above, are just fantasy.

'It's the economy stupid', as 55% of voters realised.

The oil and gas revenue is slowing down and will be partly replaced by shale gas and oil, mostly in England.

Furthermore, the SNP, even with a Yes vote, were asking Westminster to pay for the decommissioning of the rigs, and will apparently run into billions in the long-term. The UK will have to pay for this now anyway.

Like it or not, Scots and Mancunians [like me] rely upon the wealth of the City of London in some ways, together with the other riches of the South. So what? It's the same bloody country.

I could tell Salmond was panicking on the issue of currency when he 'announced' the day before the vote that Scotland would keep the pound. How could he say that with any certainty?

Cold, hard reality will keep the UK together forever. Does Northern Ireland want to join the Republic, and so have most of the talented young leave, be subsidised by the EU, be a PIGS country, allow multi-nationals to use the tax incentives to set up shell offices there and, of course, be essentially owned by the Bank of England upon terms of repayment solely decided by the Old Lady? Didn't think so.

Rule Britannia...

TGR said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Len Rum said:
Cameron 'taken a gamble and won'?
More like 'was given a winning hand and nearly blew it'.

It was a winning hand until that drippy c**t Darling got involved.

Cameron is the man who has just killed off the political career of Alex Salmond.
Salmond is now a busted flush and will be replaced as the leader of the SNP in the not to distant future.
Cameron gave Salmond enough rope and he has hung himself. Nobody on here would have even remotely considered
the margin of the 'No' vote last night. Cameron has now killed off the independence cause for good.
He will also now use the opportunity to beat the drum for 'England' which is a political vote winner for the tories and will also help to head of UKIP.
I would suggest Cameron is feeling pretty pleased with himself this morning whilst Salmond is considering his political future.
Cameron is also being lauded across Europe for allowing the referendum to take place whilst in Spain where they have similar issues
they will not allow it.
All in all - Well done Dave!
LOL.
Talk about volte face.
You probably had two posts ready before the result was known. this one and another ( which you 'binned') saying you were pleased that the Scotland had left the union and praising Dave for ensuring the Tories would be in power for the foreseeable future.
Please join with me TGR:
God save the Queen and the Union!

GazC said:
20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

Are you plucking your figures for oil production out of thin-air? Norway produces 2 million barrels a day, more than twice what the UK does - not Scotland, but the entire UK - it also produces more gas than the UK. But that's besides the point, how many banks do you think would have registered in Scotland? What do you think the corporation tax income of the banking/financial sector is compared to oil?
What would you have done if Shetland and Orkney, who accounted for almost a no vote of 67%, had started their own independence movement when they realised they may have been better off outside of iScotland? Increased Irn Bru production?

Why are you using Norway as your example for public spending? Did you want to see £11 pints introduced in Scotland too?

You were sold a false dream that, thankfully, enough of the population recognised for what it was.

Are you plucking your figures for oil production out of thin-air? Norway produces 2 million barrels a day, more than twice what the UK does - not Scotland, but the entire UK - it also produces more gas than the UK.
At present yes, until trident is removed, any oil company will tell you there's more than 100 years worth of premium grade oil on the west coast which can't be touched until trident is removed. Shell have already stated they're willing to invest billions into scottish oil.

But that's besides the point, how many banks do you think would have registered in Scotland?
I was happy when the banks said they were going to register in england, it would keep our money safe during the shit time's we would have had at the start of independence.

It's £8 a pint in norway, I've been. Companies charge what people can afford, they charge £8 because the people are so financially better off they can afford to pay it.

Anyway it's over now, the majority have voted. We just need to ensure that we get what was promised by cameron.

20sbc07 said:
nimrod said:
Unbelievable

yeah but bollocks to money

Where is the Scottish pride in being an independent nation, the Braveheart mentality ?

You guys had the chance to be your own country, to be truly free of the English and theyre rules and laws and gentry , to be a nation in your own right, and youve blown it for a few extra powers, pathetic..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.