Telephone Interview

Hang up if the questions get too hard.

Play hard to get, treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.

Seriously, try to relax as much as possible, be polite at all times, they will probably throw in a few curveball questions to test your reaction, but above all, try not to get stressed out, if you are not successful the world isn't going to come to an end.

I've done about 10 of these, passed a few of them too. I'm not gonna lie, it's something you'll probably have to do a few times before you get properly used to the format unless you happen to come across really well over the phone (I don't).

Assuming like all mine it's competency based then the format will be as follows:

1) Why this company?
2) Why this scheme?
3) STAR questions.

I'd advise you look up The STAR method online if you're not familiar with it. They'll ask you something leading like "Tell us about a time you've led a team?" then you have to refer to an example in your life where you've adequately demonstrated that skill.

My advice is to come up with at least 10 base examples of times you've shown teamwork skills, influence/networking skills, motivation etc.

The chances are even then you could end up floundering looking for a decent example. If worst comes to worst just bend the truth a bit to fit the narrative, but don't outright lie, that'd be pointless.

As I say, it takes a few goes to get good at this, don't be disheartened if you fail, I applied to literally 100 jobs before I found something really good in banking. I failed, bombed and messed up more times than I care to mention, it's perseverance that will get you to where you want to be.

Good luck!

Act calm and confident and try exercise voice control, your voice always tends to rise a few octaves when you feel under pressure.

Listen carefully to what they ask you and if necessary seek clarification if you did fully hear or understand the questions.

Take a breath before answering and as has already been said, speak slowly.

Good luck,

BTW, we have a Volkswagen golf and it's a brilliant vehicle.

If they ask for your favourite saying, "arbeit macht frei" always goes down well - it shows you are a dedicated worker and will put your all in to office/camp life.

I did a telephone interview ,they aren't as bad as you think they are going to be,face to face is a little more stressfull

in my interview they only question I asked at the end was ,do I get to take the rocket home , N.A.S.A didn't get back in touch , cant think why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.