Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
TGR said:
It started when we didn't invest in quality after winning the title the first time.
We signed Sinclair & Rodwell.
You reap what you sow...

FFP had a lot to do with last summers recruitment, do you honestly believe we would have brought in Sagna from arsenal if it was not for FFP.

We need to restart this summer possibly January if deals can be done because fresh blood is required to be built around, Hart, Zaba, Vinny, Mangala, Silva and Kun. This will be probably the biggest next 2 windows that Txiki is going to be judged on because of the current state of affairs and the pundits view of mangala.

Two top class signings instead of 4 or 5 mediocre wannabes or maybe's may have given us the improvement we need?

I agree but what would those top 2 signings have cost us in terms of sanctions, because the club obviously thought best against it in the end. We have effectively done a Liverpool in a way, spunked money on problem solving rather than bringing in the quality to push on.

Example, Jovetic is alright, but if you were Merlin or Nasri would you be actually thinking hold on a minute my place is in jeopardy - because I don't think they do.

I am hoping for changes this summer, those not good enough out, quality in plus I would like a couple of the eds lads brought in to liven it up

Instant_Offense said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
TGR said:
It started when we didn't invest in quality after winning the title the first time.
We signed Sinclair & Rodwell.
You reap what you sow...

FFP had a lot to do with last summers recruitment, do you honestly believe we would have brought in Sagna from arsenal if it was not for FFP.

We need to restart this summer possibly January if deals can be done because fresh blood is required to be built around, Hart, Zaba, Vinny, Mangala, Silva and Kun. This will be probably the biggest next 2 windows that Txiki is going to be judged on because of the current state of affairs and the pundits view of mangala.

FFP or not, we spent 90 last summer and 50 this summer and have absolute fuck all to show for it. Bit rich using the FFP excuse.

It ain't an excuse it is the line the club have taken and transfers last summer prove it. The problem is we missed the boat when we first won the title. We should have gone all out just like PSG did and infused the squad with quality all over.

flb said:
LoveCity said:
hgblue said:
Who are our standout performers? Hart, Zab, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Milner. All signed before these two arrived. They've signed most of the dross. Time for us to stop signing also rans, because we need an injection of quality and quickly.

Except some of this 'dross' helped us win a DOUBLE last year! They haven't simply become bad footballers, especially Fernandinho, they are just off form or not playing well for some reason or another. A bit like Zaba is probably the worst right now he has been in 3 or 4 years. We do need some big, big signings I feel but just remember the football this squad played last season, some of the best EVER seen in the league.

With a team he didnt build, that Italian bloke gave us a winning mentality and the sloppy Old labrador massaged it for one season, now we look like à team run by Alan Ball.

Winning indeed - Apart from that post title season.. Ykno, the one that looked exactly like this one.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
TGR said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Two top class signings instead of 4 or 5 mediocre wannabes or maybe's may have given us the improvement we need?

I agree but what would those top 2 signings have cost us in terms of sanctions, because the club obviously thought best against it in the end. We have effectively done a Liverpool in a way, spunked money on problem solving rather than bringing in the quality to push on.

Example, Jovetic is alright, but if you were Merlin or Nasri would you be actually thinking hold on a minute my place is in jeopardy - because I don't think they do.

I am hoping for changes this summer, those not good enough out, quality in plus I would like a couple of the eds lads brought in to liven it up

And had we done better with the youth development we might not have had to spend £100k a week on the likes of Sagna to play back up.

Not having one EDS player on the pitch or bench against Newcastle reserves was very disappointing.

Our youth developement might be great but the connection or reserve/youth/etc teams to the first team is probably the worse and cant see it improving really.

It would really need a manager that is asked to play youngsters. Mancini few times used Boyata, Razak, handed out few debuts to the likes of Suarez, that young Irish left back Cunningham maybe, few more but that was all our youth policy for first teams for players were coming trough here.

Hoped under Pelle its gonna be different but its probably worse and it was hard to be worse than Mancini but cant say its better. Lopes got maybe one and half FA Cup game last season, thats it. This year gonna be even less, even against Sheffield maybe Pozo got a debut when it was already 5-0 like. Thats the message:

Unless we are 5-0 up vs a lower league opponent in Mickey Cup we wont play any youngster. So lets hope first Fa Cup round we have Halifax Town and we are 5-0 up early on...

I dont have high hopes for Lopes, Rekik, Denayer. Bringing them trough, improve them is not easy and takes time, patience lot of risk too. Wont we just sign another winger/att midfielder/CB that can be just thrown in and has CL experience too? Or let Lamaprd go and buy Gerrard?:D

It's a bit early to worry about lack of academy players in the senior squad. If it remains barren in 2-3 years I will be concerned. What worries me is that we haven't signed a player another big club wanted since 2011. And please don't mention Mirror rumors about PSG and Mangala.

Damanino said:
Our youth developement might be great but the connection or reserve/youth/etc teams to the first team is probably the worse and cant see it improving really.

It would really need a manager that is asked to play youngsters. Mancini few times used Boyata, Razak, handed out few debuts to the likes of Suarez, that young Irish left back Cunningham maybe, few more but that was all our youth policy for first teams for players were coming trough here.

Hoped under Pelle its gonna be different but its probably worse and it was hard to be worse than Mancini but cant say its better. Lopes got maybe one and half FA Cup game last season, thats it. This year gonna be even less, even against Sheffield maybe Pozo got a debut when it was already 5-0 like. Thats the message:

Unless we are 5-0 up vs a lower league opponent in Mickey Cup we wont play any youngster. So lets hope first Fa Cup round we have Halifax Town and we are 5-0 up early on...

I dont have high hopes for Lopes, Rekik, Denayer. Bringing them trough, improve them is not easy and takes time, patience lot of risk too. Wont we just sign another winger/att midfielder/CB that can be just thrown in and has CL experience too? Or let Lamaprd go and buy Gerrard?:D

If we sign Gerrard then genuinely I will pack in my season ticket of many decades.
If signing the spent force that is Stevie G is the future and the way forward for MCFC then the people making these decisions deserve everything they get.
We were promised youth players to come thru. We were also promised tactical flexibility. We were also promised a holistic set up.
0 out of 3 is not good...

TGR said:
Damanino said:

If we sign Gerrard then genuinely I will pack in my season ticket of many decades.
If signing the spent force that is Stevie G is the future and the way forward for MCFC then the people making these decisions deserve everything they get.
We were promised youth players to come thru. We were also promised tactical flexibility. We were also promised a holistic set up.
0 out of 3 is not good...

agreed. we need to learn something from Rags mistakes to recall Scholes out from retirement, while Pogba is clearly for the future. hope we give more chances to our youngsters. i'm suprise that Pelle don't really trust young players at City, unlike at Villareal & Malaga.

adrianr said:
flb said:
LoveCity said:
Except some of this 'dross' helped us win a DOUBLE last year! They haven't simply become bad footballers, especially Fernandinho, they are just off form or not playing well for some reason or another. A bit like Zaba is probably the worst right now he has been in 3 or 4 years. We do need some big, big signings I feel but just remember the football this squad played last season, some of the best EVER seen in the league.

With a team he didnt build, that Italian bloke gave us a winning mentality and the sloppy Old labrador massaged it for one season, now we look like à team run by Alan Ball.

Winning indeed - Apart from that post title season.. Ykno, the one that looked exactly like this one.

Yeah the one where these two twats sabotaged Bobby by doing fuck all to sign two player's we said from the of would effect the destination of the title. They and Khaldoon, wanted Bobby out of the way because they wanted a yes man and in Khaldoons case actually felt threatened by is relationship with the sheik.

VOOMER said:
adrianr said:
flb said:

Yeah the one where these two twats sabotaged Bobby by doing fuck all to sign two player's we said from the of would effect the destination of the title. They and Khaldoon, wanted Bobby out of the way because they wanted a yes man and in Khaldoons case actually felt threatened by is relationship with the sheik.

Much as I love Bobby I seriously doubt Khaldoon felt even remotely threatened by his relationship with the Sheikh. I know we are all a bit frustrated but lets not start donning tin foil helmets and dribbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.