Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOOMER said:
adrianr said:
flb said:
With a team he didnt build, that Italian bloke gave us a winning mentality and the sloppy Old labrador massaged it for one season, now we look like à team run by Alan Ball.

Winning indeed - Apart from that post title season.. Ykno, the one that looked exactly like this one.

Yeah the one where these two twats sabotaged Bobby by doing fuck all to sign two player's we said from the of would effect the destination of the title. They and Khaldoon, wanted Bobby out of the way because they wanted a yes man and in Khaldoons case actually felt threatened by is relationship with the sheik.

One of those twats who brought down our losses from £195m to break even since arriving!

You don't really think Khaldoon was worried about Mancini's relationship with HRH do you?

I'm off for some tramadol.

Txiki works in a galactico enviroment. What he cant do is sign no more than average players and expect a coach to work miracles with players he doesnt really want.

Khaldoon has some serious thinking to do because as a club we cant keep making financial mistakes with players and we have to decide once and for all our strategy going forward.

blueinsa said:
Txiki works in a galactico enviroment. What he cant do is sign no more than average players and expect a coach to work miracles with players he doesnt really want.

Khaldoon has some serious thinking to do because as a club we cant keep making financial mistakes with players and we have to decide once and for all our strategy going forward.

Khaldoun will already have done his thinking, after a couple of years of trying to scrape in under the FFP bar, and this years' pinch' of a cap to spending and squad size. Next summer should be the start of a new strategy. The books should show break even this year and profit next that's remarkable from an almost £200 mill loss in 3 years. We should see us operating in a different landscape next year. I think this year is a matter of taking our 'pinch'.
Yes we should be doing better than at present, but I think the board will only really worry if we look like finishing out of the top 3, any trophy this year would be a bonus.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

adrianr said:
flb said:
LoveCity said:
Except some of this 'dross' helped us win a DOUBLE last year! They haven't simply become bad footballers, especially Fernandinho, they are just off form or not playing well for some reason or another. A bit like Zaba is probably the worst right now he has been in 3 or 4 years. We do need some big, big signings I feel but just remember the football this squad played last season, some of the best EVER seen in the league.

With a team he didnt build, that Italian bloke gave us a winning mentality and the sloppy Old labrador massaged it for one season, now we look like à team run by Alan Ball.

Winning indeed - Apart from that post title season.. Ykno, the one that looked exactly like this one.
I know everyone hates that season but if we hadn't had a massive furore over sacking Mancini the morning of the Cup Final it could easily have been the season where we finished second in the league and won the cup.

blueinsa said:

LOL
Did you had the same opinion mate going into this season when nearly every one was gushing about how complete our squad is or us having the best squad in the premiere league?

BlueMoonz1977 said:
TGR said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
FFP had a lot to do with last summers recruitment, do you honestly believe we would have brought in Sagna from arsenal if it was not for FFP.

We need to restart this summer possibly January if deals can be done because fresh blood is required to be built around, Hart, Zaba, Vinny, Mangala, Silva and Kun. This will be probably the biggest next 2 windows that Txiki is going to be judged on because of the current state of affairs and the pundits view of mangala.

Two top class signings instead of 4 or 5 mediocre wannabes or maybe's may have given us the improvement we need?

I agree but what would those top 2 signings have cost us in terms of sanctions, because the club obviously thought best against it in the end. We have effectively done a Liverpool in a way, spunked money on problem solving rather than bringing in the quality to push on.

Example, Jovetic is alright, but if you were Merlin or Nasri would you be actually thinking hold on a minute my place is in jeopardy - because I don't think they do.

I am hoping for changes this summer, those not good enough out, quality in plus I would like a couple of the eds lads brought in to liven it up
TBF to TGR the 2 top class signings (RVP & Hazard) would have served us better immediately and in the long run than Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic, Maicon and Garcia. All but Sinclair & Nastasic have gone and those two would have gone if we'd had any takers this summer. The fact we either have, or are trying to jettision all 5 of them 2 years later shows what a right mess of that transfer window we made and might explains why Mancini and many fans were so pissed. As champions we should have turned the screw, but instead we allowed our main competitors to gain gound on us by the very fact that we stood still squad-wise.

Even though it would never happen officially, if there was a poll amongst fans and we were told we only had £55m to spend that summer and it could either be spent on Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic, Maicon and Garcia or RVP & Hazard, I'd suspect we'd have all gone for RVP & Hazard. What on earth we were thinking buying Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic, Maicon and Garcia after buying the likes of Silva, Yaya, Aguero in previous seasons is beyond me and IMHO I reckon we're still counting the cost now.

FFP might have had an effect last summer and this, but the summer transfer window of 2012/13 will forever live on as one of our biggest fuck ups post Abu Dhabi takeover. In their defence, Soriano had just arrived and Txiki wasn't here then so who knows if they'd have sanctioned those disasterous purchases. Mancini publicly blamed Marwood and Sheikh Mansour called them both to Abu Dhabi and told them both to cool it and this proved to be the beginning of the end for Mancini.

But the fact remains we'd have been better off buying the quality additions to improve our squad rather than scrabbling about in the bargain basement bucket on deadline day and buying the dross we did.

ArdwickBlue said:
VOOMER said:
adrianr said:

Yeah the one where these two twats sabotaged Bobby by doing fuck all to sign two player's we said from the of would effect the destination of the title. They and Khaldoon, wanted Bobby out of the way because they wanted a yes man and in Khaldoons case actually felt threatened by is relationship with the sheik.

One of those twats who brought down our losses from £195m to break even since arriving!

You don't really think Khaldoon was worried about Mancini's relationship with HRH do you?

I'm off for some tramadol.

He didn't have to do a lot to get the Etihad deal or benefit from increased TV revenues. They are the two biggest reasons we are about to break even!

I'm sure these guys have done good work but Ferran has seen us fail FFP and we are a long way from having youth players in the first team (never mind home grown).

VOOMER said:
That's complete nonsense on every level. There were good reasons why we didn't sign the players Mancini supposedly wanted after we won the title, some of which were the direct responsibility of Mancini himself.

And Khaldoon was Bobby's mate, not the Sheikh, and stuck up for him a few times against the Sheikh, who wasn't overly keen on him as manager (he preferred Mourinho). Mancini's fate was finally sealed when he went to Abu Dhabi after we'd played Newcastle and showed a distinct lack of respect to the Sheikh. Nothing was going to save him after that and the order was given to get rid.

Prestwich_Blue said:
VOOMER said:
That's complete nonsense on every level. There were good reasons why we didn't sign the players Mancini supposedly wanted after we won the title, some of which were the direct responsibility of Mancini himself.

And Khaldoon was Bobby's mate, not the Sheikh, and stuck up for him a few times against the Sheikh, who wasn't overly keen on him as manager (he preferred Mourinho). Mancini's fate was finally sealed when he went to Abu Dhabi after we'd played Newcastle and showed a distinct lack of respect to the Sheikh. Nothing was going to save him after that and the order was given to get rid.

Did you also mention - Bobby fucked up with Hazard in his interview?? and am sure it was RVP or Balo and he kept Balo

Prestwich_Blue said:
VOOMER said:

Definitley nonsense on lots of levels; especially because they both joined City after the relevant transfer window closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.