Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

"Only Mancini signings are playing well".

WORLD CLASS PLAYERS IN WORLD CLASS SHOCKER. MORE AT 11.

Pellegrini didn't need to bring in first team top quality players like them because we already bought them. He needed the trimmings to the main dish, that's what we bought and that's what we won the title with. It's nothing to do with management and everything to do with squad composition when Mancini took over compared to when Pellegrini took over.

A £32 million 'trimming' who isn't anywhere near the finished article

I'm not sure we should be spending that much on a trimming given our problems with FFP

crystal_mais said:
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

Pellegrini didn't need to bring in first team top quality players like them because we already bought them. He needed the trimmings to the main dish, that's what we bought and that's what we won the title with. It's nothing to do with management and everything to do with squad composition when Mancini took over compared to when Pellegrini took over.

Unfortunately Dam - some are too shallow to see it that way. they would rather turn it around and question the quality of MP and the DOF

This is very poor from Brennan

But is it only 'very poor from Brennan' because you may disagree with it or don't like it?
Outside the very much closeted forum of Bluemoon a lot of people are starting to ask questions about our transfer policy - and it has to be said with some good reasons. We do appear to have brought in players who have raised the average age of the team / squad, they have been more than a tad on the expensive side and thus far have failed to make an impact. So why shouldn't these questions be raised and discussed?
I would like to make it clear in no way do I blame the manager for this as choosing and purchasing players is way beyond his remit.
We haven't made a genuine world class signing since Mancini was sent on his way. Not a criticism of anyone just more a statement of fact.

chris85mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

I'm not sure we should be spending that much on a trimming given our problems with FFP

Why?

You think City are going to run out of money?

Damocles said:
chris85mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

Why?

What an incredibly bizarre post

Brennan is a nice chap but this article seems just odd. Why even the comparison? Completely different scenarios as under Mancini we had to invest in high-profile players who can make the difference, whilst under Pellegrini it was always more of maintaining a certain level in squad terms. Also, FFP was not an issue when the likes of Toure, Silva etc. came.

And he should not forget that players like Kolarov or Nasri shined actually only under Manuel, so they might have been Mancini's (very decent) signings, but it was under Pellegrini when it became an evidence.

Damocles said:
chris85mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

Why?

Plus he's here hopefully for the long term. I've certainly seen enough in him to think that once he's settled in he'll be excellent.

We criticise the rags for spending £30 million on Ferdinand but after getting almost 10 years out of him it was classed as peanuts by the time he'd won multiple trophies.

TGR said:
crystal_mais said:
Damocles said:
Daft from Brennan.

Unfortunately Dam - some are too shallow to see it that way. they would rather turn it around and question the quality of MP and the DOF

But is it only 'very poor from Brennan' because you may disagree with it or don't like it?

Outside the very much closeted forum of Bluemoon a lot of people are starting to ask questions about our transfer policy - and it has to be said with some good reasons. We do appear to have brought in players who have raised the average age of the team / squad, they have been more than a tad on the expensive side and thus far have failed to make an impact. So why shouldn't these questions be raised and discussed?
I would like to make it clear in no way do I blame the manager for this as choosing and purchasing players is way beyond his remit.
We haven't made a genuine world class signing since Mancini was sent on his way. Not a criticism of anyone just more a statement of fact.

There has been a great shift in policy and we have had big restrictions. Hazard and RVP were targets - they didn't happen due reasons that have been done to death.

I thought we would have gone big this year with Di Maria or Sanchez - FFP put paid to that - Our hands have been tied - Mangala is young and I think will improve with age. The others as has been stated are good squad players here to do a job. I'm more keen to see what we do in the next few windows as we have more or less beat FFP and the way things are going the club will be profitable.

The club want to be established top 4 - Mourinho coming back has added that bit extra to the league and it is no longer a 2 horse race with the RAGs.

Time for the club to think next 5 years and working the plans.

crystal_mais said:
TGR said:
crystal_mais said:

There has been a great shift in policy and we have had big restrictions. Hazard and RVP were targets - they didn't happen due reasons that have been done to death.

I thought we would have gone big this year with Di Maria or Sanchez - FFP put paid to that - Our hands have been tied - Mangala is young and I think will improve with age. The others as has been stated are good squad players here to do a job. I'm more keen to see what we do in the next few windows as we have more or less beat FFP and the way things are going the club will be profitable.

The club want to be established top 4 - Mourinho coming back has added that bit extra to the league and it is no longer a 2 horse race with the RAGs.

You do realise that Mangala cost the same as Fabregas and Sanchez

chris85mcfc said:
crystal_mais said:
TGR said:

Nonsense. This discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole of stupidity.

chris85mcfc said:
crystal_mais said:
TGR said:

Yes but I am sure Fabregas and Sanchez are not very good centre halves or have the potential to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.