Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:
i don't think its been proved we haven't stood still for 3 years, as a team are we any better than 3 years ago having spent how many millions on players ??

Why is it so difficult to view our spending through it's correct context? Yes we've spent tens of millions in the last 3 years, but we haven't simply been adding players on top of players. We have consistently been replacing players. Whether it's Barry, Lescott, Tevez, Balo, Johnson, Rodwell, De Jong, etc etc. You need to replace players who leave, which is what we've been doing.

What we haven't done is try to replace the core of our side. It's true to say we haven't signed anyone better than Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Toure, Zaba etc. But they are the core of our side and clearly the management feel that those players are untouchable in terms of their status. This means that for example last summer we didn't need to sign Costa because we had Kun, Fabregas because we had Toure, Luke Shaw because we have Clichy and Kolarov. It's completely fallacious to say we've stood still whilst spending tens of millions because as I say it completely removes to context of our spending.

I also find it really tragic that whenever certain posters arguments are found wanting they resort to "you're not allowed to discuss or criticise the manager on Bluemoon". That's patently a fucking nonsense - but if you criticise without just cause you can expect your points will be taken apart. And if you feel Bluemoon isn't being fair to your criticisms of Pellegrini - well as Blueinsa said, there's a forum I believe which is pretty much there solely to slag off Bluemoon and Pellegrini.

im not arsed about the dick swinging going on, I'm not unhappy with MP, i don't think he is a great manager or a bad one, we don't need to replace those core players like you say but with just those players we haven't made a dent in the CL yet so i would say we need to improve the players in other areas. from the team that 1st won the league we lost Tevez and De Jong and in my opinion haven't come close to replacing them ( Bony might be a different matter )
im not blaming anyone for this, i know a lot goes on there is nothing you can do about, Hazard and Bale are 2 who would have taken us up a notch but i know its no ones fault we didn't get them. i would say now we have signed Bony we need a top draw left back and centre half but who do i think is out there that would be good enough ? i don't know, so its not that simple.
The thing is I'm very happy with City now, we win most weeks compete in the top competitions, have overtaken United and will be winnings cups of some sort for a good while no matter who is in charge. At the moment when we play Munich Madrid Barcelona we are 2nd best ( please don't give are 2 wins over Munich as an argument ) on a football side we are not at that level but I'm not going to start moaning about not being as good as those teams esp when i don't know who we could get myself to take us there.
So even though i don't think anyone is to blame i don't think we have improved as a team in 3 years so yes we have stood still

bluemc1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:
i don't think its been proved we haven't stood still for 3 years, as a team are we any better than 3 years ago having spent how many millions on players ??

Why is it so difficult to view our spending through it's correct context? Yes we've spent tens of millions in the last 3 years, but we haven't simply been adding players on top of players. We have consistently been replacing players. Whether it's Barry, Lescott, Tevez, Balo, Johnson, Rodwell, De Jong, etc etc. You need to replace players who leave, which is what we've been doing.

What we haven't done is try to replace the core of our side. It's true to say we haven't signed anyone better than Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Toure, Zaba etc. But they are the core of our side and clearly the management feel that those players are untouchable in terms of their status. This means that for example last summer we didn't need to sign Costa because we had Kun, Fabregas because we had Toure, Luke Shaw because we have Clichy and Kolarov. It's completely fallacious to say we've stood still whilst spending tens of millions because as I say it completely removes to context of our spending.

I also find it really tragic that whenever certain posters arguments are found wanting they resort to "you're not allowed to discuss or criticise the manager on Bluemoon". That's patently a fucking nonsense - but if you criticise without just cause you can expect your points will be taken apart. And if you feel Bluemoon isn't being fair to your criticisms of Pellegrini - well as Blueinsa said, there's a forum I believe which is pretty much there solely to slag off Bluemoon and Pellegrini.

im not arsed about the dick swinging going on, I'm not unhappy with MP, i don't think he is a great manager or a bad one, we don't need to replace those core players like you say but with just those players we haven't made a dent in the CL yet so i would say we need to improve the players in other areas. from the team that 1st won the league we lost Tevez and De Jong and in my opinion haven't come close to replacing them ( Bony might be a different matter )
im not blaming anyone for this, i know a lot goes on there is nothing you can do about, Hazard and Bale are 2 who would have taken us up a notch but i know its no ones fault we didn't get them. i would say now we have signed Bony we need a top draw left back and centre half but who do i think is out there that would be good enough ? i don't know, so its not that simple.
The thing is I'm very happy with City now, we win most weeks compete in the top competitions, have overtaken United and will be winnings cups of some sort for a good while no matter who is in charge. At the moment when we play Munich Madrid Barcelona we are 2nd best ( please don't give are 2 wins over Munich as an argument ) on a football side we are not at that level but I'm not going to start moaning about not being as good as those teams esp when i don't know who we could get myself to take us there.
So even though i don't think anyone is to blame i don't think we have improved as a team in 3 years so yes we have stood still

In my opinion Fernandinho is an improvement on Barry, Mangala an improvement on Lescott, Fernando an improvement on Rodwell/Garcia, Navas on Adam Johnson/Scott Sinclair. I'll give you Tevez/Balo over Jovetic in pure ability, but they brought a lot of other negative shit to the table.

It's really misplaced to suggest that the team hasn't been improved in the last 3 years or that it's stood still. As I say what we haven't done is tried to replace our core players nor have we actively gone out to sign a ready made worldy, but with FFP i'm not over surprised. Lets see what we do this summer.

blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
Really. I thought you had all decided to occupy a new forum where the Pellegrini out thread was the busiest thing on there lol?
Arnt you a member on there?

Oh dear.....you ran and told on me and got me banned pmsl.

You mean the Forum For Free Speech has banned you for criticising it?

That's really really funny. I'm pretty sure their moto is "anything goes". I guess it means "anything goes as long as you agree with us".

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
There are plenty of people that will feel the same opinions as me, but they don't post in here because of the abuse given by a small group of posters.

Really. I thought you had all decided to occupy a new forum where the Pellegrini out thread was the busiest thing on there lol?

He was...

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:

That's really really funny. I'm pretty sure their moto is "anything goes". I guess it means "anything goes as long as you agree with us".

Oh the irony!

TGR said:
Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:

Oh the irony!

Thought the exact same thing

It's lost on some people tho so give the poor lad a break, he's took a bit of a thumping today :)

Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

In my opinion Fernandinho is an improvement on Barry, Mangala an improvement on Lescott, Fernando an improvement on Rodwell/Garcia, Navas on Adam Johnson/Scott Sinclair. I'll give you Tevez/Balo over Jovetic in pure ability, but they brought a lot of other negative shit to the table.

It's really misplaced to suggest that the team hasn't been improved in the last 3 years or that it's stood still. As I say what we haven't done is tried to replace our core players nor have we actively gone out to sign a ready made worldy, but with FFP i'm not over surprised. Lets see what we do this summer.

see thats great its all about opinions and thats why we come on here, not moaning about Mangala yet but he's got a lot to prove to me to show he can make our defence look as solid as when it was Kompany Lescott, does Johnson do as much work as Navas ? no but ( and i said this to my old fella the other day ) if Johnson had the Arsenal full back 1 on 1 as many times as Navas did on Sunday I'm pretty sure he would have created a goal or even scored one, have a watch of the DVD the season we won it, I'm not a stats man but id say that year Johnson scored or created more goals than Navas did last year or will this year, so again its all about opinions. you don't need to give me Balo i never mentioned him, i wanted that man out

bluemc1 said:
see thats great its all about opinions and thats why we come on here, not moaning about Mangala yet but he's got a lot to prove to me to show he can make our defence look as solid as when it was Kompany Lescott, does Johnson do as much work as Navas ? no but ( and i said this to my old fella the other day ) if Johnson had the Arsenal full back 1 on 1 as many times as Navas did on Sunday I'm pretty sure he would have created a goal or even scored one, have a watch of the DVD the season we won it, I'm not a stats man but id say that year Johnson scored or created more goals than Navas did last year or will this year, so again its all about opinions. you don't need to give me Balo i never mentioned him, i wanted that man out

I think you might be off in terms of assists. Pretty sure Navas finished last season as the top assist maker in the league, or certainly was close to it.

Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:

I think you might be off in terms of assists. Pretty sure Navas finished last season as the top assist maker in the league, or certainly was close to it.

Navas wasn't even in the top 20 last season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/players/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/content/pr ... index.html</a>

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:

Navas wasn't even in the top 20 last season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/players/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/content/pr ... index.html</a>

7 assists puts him either 13th in the league, or somewhere outside the top 20, depending on whether you're looking to be fair to him or just try and score points on the internet. Still, you can have a gold star for trying. :)

I must hold my hands up though, he obviously wasn't the top assist maker nor was he even in the top 10. I apologise bluemc1 for not checking my facts before posting. Still I'd say that's a very good return, especially if you look at who else got 7 assists last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.