Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical passed, contract signed. Doing interview and photos after lunch, so would think it'll be announced later on today.
Happy days! A fantastic acquisition. Opposition teams facing Kun, Merlin and Sterling won't know which way to look!

"Brenda trying to hide the disappointment of losing his best player for the second season in a row!"
_84240595_brendan_rodgers_getty.jpg

I have to disagree on this pal...Fabregas, Fowler, Owen and Shrek all play in different positions to Raheem. So the figures are incomparable in terms of ability on the pitch for me I believe there is no better or brighter prospect in English football since Shrek of which them dirty bastards paid £27ish million for 11 years ago. I mean how much has that figure since been beaten time and time again. Fabregas great player great great player but played in a better side consistently than Sterling IMO (besides the year with SSS). Owen and Fowler were great players but out and out goal scorers therefore people will always say how well they did as they put the ball in the back of the net consistently. You're entitled to your opinion absolutely and yes £49 mill is a lot probably more than I expected but if I'm honest I'm just happy to get close to over the line on this one as I believe he is THE player to push us closer to that elusive Champions League.

He undoubtedly improves upon navas i totally accept that, just hope he has the attitue of the players we are discussing above. Their hunger and will to win was evident and made them great. Owen and fowler both ruined by cruciate injuries imo. Fabregas strikes me as a model pro. Too many young english players never fufil obvious potential. Hopefully lads like silva and aguero will influence his behaviours and attitudes.

We understand why Raheem Sterling has left Liverpool. He wants an upgrade: in the standard of his team-mates, the potential for achievement, quite probably in salary, too. So, yes, we get it. What is harder to fathom is why Manchester City have been so determined to sign him.

Do they think Sterling will change, simply by swapping a red shirt for sky blue? What leads Manchester City to think he will treat their club with any more respect than Liverpool, if circumstances change?

Sterling’s behaviour in recent weeks should be a warning sign. Having put up with Carlos Tevez taking a mid-season sabbatical, why would they wish to go through that turmoil again?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Carlos-Tevez-turmoil-again.html#ixzz3fkhNb8wn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Have Liverpool never signed a player that has forced a move from his club (Southampton for instance)

That may well be true, but players mature at different ages. What actually became of Owen / Fowler / Fabregas in the end? none of them became megastars - only Rooney did (blue coloured specs off). If Sterling does 75% as well for us as Rooney did for that lot, we'll be laughing.
And of course he alone isn't going to be enough, but you can only build something brick by brick. He's clearly not our sole target. Regardless of who actually arrives, he's certainly not the only player in our plans.

How much was Di Maria? 60m? (not sure). He was allegedly proven quality, but it's not help United much. It's big money, it's big gambles and we're in the game!

Tbf mate owen and fabregas are/were megastars.

"I think he can produce 12 to 15 goals in City's team. He'll produce better because he's playing with better players."

One of the many reasons why I love the Goat...this was on Sly Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.