Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Otamendi kinds feels more like a luxury than a need. It'd be pretty sweet to have him on the roster but it wont be a huge game-changer if he isn't signed to the squad.

so sign a 35 million defender to sit on the bench?

Ignoring his form - the last time Vinny had an injury free season was 2010/11 -he played 50 games. In the last 3 seasons he's played 35. He's not got past 28 league games in 4 years.

He's missing 1/4 of the league season every year at least. If any team needed 3 starting quality CB's it's us. Look at Bayern - they have 5. Boateng, Badstuber, Benatia, Dante and Martinez. Real have Varane, Pepe, Ramos.

Do they have any worries about having more than 2 starting CB's? not at all.

Ignoring his form - the last time Vinny had an injury free season was 2010/11 -he played 50 games. In the last 3 seasons he's played 35. He's not got past 28 league games in 4 years.

He's missing 1/4 of the league season every year at least. If any team needed 3 starting quality CB's it's us. Look at Bayern - they have 5. Boateng, Badstuber, Benatia, Dante and Martinez. Real have Varane, Pepe, Ramos.

Do they have any worries about having more than 2 starting CB's? not at all.
We do have 3 quality cb's just because DM is getting on doesnt mean hes surplus. Dante is getting on for bayern so is pepe. what i am trying to say is we really do not need this guy, its unnecessary money that can be used to positions we need. Not just being like a baby who someone is shaking some keys in front of.

Slightly off topic but was anyone else a bit fearful for the future of Denayer when the team was announced on Monday night?

It was the first time it had dawned on me that Kompany and Mangala seem almost undroppable due to one being the captain and the other being a £30m+ defensive signing who we almost need to prove was a good investment. That leaves Denayer as at best 3rd choice CB for the season, and as things transpired, MDM came on in a midfield role so potentially will get more minutes this season.

I got a sinking feeling that he could want out soon if he doesn't get minutes, especially after being such a key member of Celtic's first team last year.
He signed a new 5 year contract a month ago and we've played 1 league game this season. I'm hoping he has a little more patience than you have ;)

We do have 3 quality cb's just because DM is getting on doesnt mean hes surplus. Dante is getting on for bayern so is pepe. what i am trying to say is we really do not need this guy, its unnecessary money that can be used to positions we need. Not just being like a baby who someone is shaking some keys in front of.

Dante and Pepe are 4 and 3 years younger than Demichelis respectively. They are closer to Vinny's age.

Trading Otamendi for MD is an obvious upgrade. He's 27 and could be a part of the team for 5 years easily. Especially if there's any truth to the idea MD fancying a move back to River Plate.

Also you talk of babies - When you say things like "I can't express how disappointed I'd be with this transfer" about a excellent defender we could only dream about 10 years ago joining the team, it does make you sound like a baby.

Slightly off topic but was anyone else a bit fearful for the future of Denayer when the team was announced on Monday night?

It was the first time it had dawned on me that Kompany and Mangala seem almost undroppable due to one being the captain and the other being a £30m+ defensive signing who we almost need to prove was a good investment. That leaves Denayer as at best 3rd choice CB for the season, and as things transpired, MDM came on in a midfield role so potentially will get more minutes this season.

I got a sinking feeling that he could want out soon if he doesn't get minutes, especially after being such a key member of Celtic's first team last year.
Since when have two CBs managed 60 games in a season together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.