Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, I would expect us to keep and further develop Managala. To make way, I could see Martin taking a back seat. Irrespective of injuries, there are more than enough games in the season to keep everyone happy.
You are a very sensible and intelligent poster to write such good sense. Long way of saying ...I agree. :-)

MDM has been a good player for us but I'd be more than happy for him to go and us replace him with Otamendi. Three quality centre backs and a youngster are not too many to have and all will have plenty of games as the season progresses. Otamendi is a very good play, by far the best at Valencia. Their fans will be gutted to see him leave.

As it stands, if we sign Otamendi it'll be particularly with an eye on the CL knockout stages, to play 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2, however you wish to view it) :

...................................Hart

..................Kompany...Mangala...Otamendi

...Zabaleta............................................. Kolarov

....................Toure..........Fernandinho

...Silva...................................................Sterling

.................................Aguero

Considerably lessens the defensive duties (and so negates the risk) attached if we choose to / have to play Kolarov.........

MDM has been a good player for us but I'd be more than happy for him to go and us replace him with Otamendi. Three quality centre backs and a youngster are not too many to have and all will have plenty of games as the season progresses. Otamendi is a very good play, by far the best at Valencia. Their fans will be gutted to see him leave.

Yeah, regardless of how well Demichelis has played over the last 18 months there's no escaping the fact he'll be 35 at some stage during this season. He's clearly got a very short shelf life as a City centre half and if it's possible to replace him with someone as good as Otamendi, who is entering his prime years as a centre half and is a regular Argentinian international, then we'd been foolish to let it slide. If it ends up scuppering United's chances of improving greatly at centre half into the bargain then all the better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.