Pellegrini's substitutions last night

Ric

Administrator
He takes a lot of flak on here when things go wrong, so it's only fair he gets credit when he gets it right.

Thought his substitutions were very good last night, and won us the game. Taking Toure and Delph off was a brave move, but the introduction of Navas and De Bruyne helped stretch Everton's defence, and we looked really good in the second half.

Good on him.

Toure was awful again. its sad to see such a legend lose his legs completely. the game changed when he came off.

Yeah, fair dos, he did well last night. Still think he's starting Yaya too often and overall it is harming us but his subs are working more at the moment.

Hear hear. Managers and players deserve credit and criticism when it's due and last time Pellers subs changed the game. No doubt about that. Well done Manuel.

I thought he should've started Navas, thankfully he saw the error of his ways.

What impressed me about his changes was recognising that we needed someone to fill Yaya's role of creating from deep and dropping Silva back to do this job, needs to happen more often when we're hunting a goal.

Yes I agree, particular credit to MP for making the Navas change as early as HT. The Toure sub couldn't be avoided with the game situation and the fact he was blowing hard by then. I was a little unsure about the Fernando sub as I didn't want us sitting too deep in the last few minutes but it all worked out well.

Had a very good night all round MP. Starting lineup, subs, all worked out very well.

He takes a lot of flak on here when things go wrong, so it's only fair he gets credit when he gets it right.

Thought his substitutions were very good last night, and won us the game. Taking Toure and Delph off was a brave move, but the introduction of Navas and De Bruyne helped stretch Everton's defence, and we looked really good in the second half.

Good on him.
Agreed, It was a brave move. Surprisingly, Toure didn't look too upset when he got taken off.

Anyone notice he seemed a lot more passionate and motivated last night? Even asking for the goalkeeper to be booked for time-wasting which he has never done.

At the final whistle he celebrated like he did vs villa on the run in to the title.

Good on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.