Pellegrini's substitutions last night

I think he realized a lot of Evertons play was hoofball from Joel to Lukaku and totally bypassing Barry and likes and decided to take the risk of having only one man in the middle. Ofcourse a counter is still on but I think he decided that Navas would track back and help out on that.

His subs were brilliant, he really is brave. He does what he likes and is constantly brave. He does things our fans are really unsure about, but he sticks to his guns.
The fans maybe questioning Toure, but like it or not, Pellegrini believes in him so he plays him.
I much prefer a brave manager, one who does what he feels best. Can it be annoying? Yes.

He also needs great credit for his after match comments, both pitch side and press confrence. He basically said or echoed Bluemoon and highlighted just how lucky Everton have been.

I personally thought the set up was wrong in the first half with Toure playing too deep and Delph wasted where he was but I can see that maybe he was trying to keep it tight first half.

Second half he was excellent.

Excellent last night from Pellegrini after half time, the first half formation wasn't really working with Barkley getting to much room and having a free run at our central defenders. Credit to him for changing it at half time, reverting back to our regular 4-2-3-1 and also for bringing on KDB at just the right time. Positive, refreshing game changing moves.

I have been very critical of him for the last 12 months and still don't think he is the man to lead us to be a super power within the game but credit were credit is due last night, although if yaya or silva had come off I think the impact would have been the same
I still think yaya should be played further forward and delph defend more, if you notice delph and fernandinho sre asked to cover yaya in the centre but also have to rush out wide when opponents attack from there but its too late when they get there and teams can play round us and get space too easily
overall last night we battered everton but how good is gareth barry still in his role, a top class player

He takes a lot of flak on here when things go wrong, so it's only fair he gets credit when he gets it right.

Thought his substitutions were very good last night, and won us the game. Taking Toure and Delph off was a brave move, but the introduction of Navas and De Bruyne helped stretch Everton's defence, and we looked really good in the second half.

Good on him.
Very justifiably so, he gets the flack when things go wrong as he's often the reason why.

Last night, however, everything from team selection to changes in formation and substitutions were all spot on last night.

Agreed, It was a brave move. Surprisingly, Toure didn't look too upset when he got taken off.
Yaya is a team man, always has been. I don't recall him ever being an arse about being taken off.

I think stuff his agent comes out with gets blown out of proportion and looks worse on Yaya than it should.

The 'engineer' made the right choices last night to turn the game our way and to his credit we are off to Wembley! Well done to 'the charming man'.

Fantastic management of last night's game.

His 1st half set up wasn't the greatest, but his subs really turned it all around...

Navas on - Delph off: Changed our shape to 4231 and completely threw the Everton ranks. They struggled to deal with us and were extremely lucky to stave off conceding in the early-2nd-half. Great substitution.

De Bruyne on - Toure off: I cannot stress enough how well this was timed (in retrospect. At the time, I was flapping to see Silva drop into CM haha.) Super sub with a goal and assist. Silva handled his responsibilities well, though it wasn't the greatest test of a CM ever.

Fernando on - Silva off: The most tactically obvious of the subs. Fernando on to seal things up. Silva given an early rest for next game.

All in all, great substitutions. Hats off to you Manuel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.