John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be praising Txiki for this deal, it's hardly awesome. However, bottom line is that if it helps get it over the line then all good - I just want Stones.
Yeah I suppose it comes down to each individual on how they rate Stones. I guess I'm not as convinced by him as others though I do see the reasons we're interested and would be happy to see him here.

So we value him about 4.5m more than he's actually worth then

Let's not be daft he has has done nothing for us but he could easily turn back into a 15-20 goal a season man at someone like Everton.

I'm with Ric you can quote fees from any transfer to compare this and build your argument.

However all is said we value Bony at 15 million apparently, ee won't pay 50 million for stones but we are happy for 35 plus Bony. Doesn't add up!

Everything is relative though. If Watford are turning down £30m for Deeney, then it's not hard to see why Everton value Stones so highly.

I don't think many on here would have any qualms at selling Bony for £15m in a stand alone deal. If it means we get Stones then I'm all in favour.

Regardless, this is still only based on one single Sun report, so may well not even be true anyway.

You do make a fair point mate, I just think it's a little bit funny that they value Bony at £15m but Lukaku at £75m and Stones at £50m.

50 mil for Stones and 15 mil for Bony is a total piss take. Why the hell would we play hard ball over the fee all summer only to agree to this deal? I'm not having it.

I think we would do this deal for a number of reasons mate...

1) Every team in europe are likely to know that with all these signings, we need to start reducing our squad, getting a top offer is unlikely.

2) Bony has a 100k a week salary that would be removed from our wage bill. So a 15mil offer is actually worth closer to 21mil...

I understand what people are saying, in a perfect world a guy that was top goal scorer in the prem only a couple of seasons ago should be valued higher than the reported 15mil but reality is, we've got a few players we need to get off the books as squad numbers are high and now that we have signed players like Nolito, Sane and Jesus(Jan) who are flexibile enough to cover the position, selling Bony seems the most likely option, especially if it means we can get our No1 target of the summer....

Squad numbers, wage bill and reducing Stones transfer fee are 3 reasons why I would jump at this deal....(if it's true!)

£15m for Bony sounds about right to me. Should be around £25m (minimum) in the current market but if you allow £50k a week wages more than the buyers would normally be willing to pay over the length of a 4 year contract that's £10m that has to come from somewhere and one obvious place is the transfer fee. And that's before the potential effect on other players' wage demands at the buying club are taken into account.

The press was very fond of saying that we were subsidising Adebayor's wages but that wasn't ever true. We were paying him compensation in installments which is another option for Bony. Personally, i've got a lot of respect for Bony and, if he stays or goes, I wish him the best. As for Stones, I reserve judgement.

Maybe we can have like a running Txiki-O-Meter where people get to rate his performance on every deal. Does seem like more and more people seem as interested in his performance as they are in the players we're actually signing.
I didn't mean my post in relation to Txiki, was just answering the other post saying that people are praising him for it. To me this one would just be a deal that gets done, pure and simple.

I didn't mean my post in relation to Txiki, was just answering the other post saying that people are praising him for it. To me this one would just be a deal that gets done, pure and simple.

I think whichever way this deal gets done, if it gets done, it'll be a triumph for the club. Stones under Pep will develop into the best British defender of his generation. Even on the Txiki-O-Meter if he sends Bony the other way and stops the rag media from writing headlines about the 50 million pound man then it's a double triumph!

I think we would do this deal for a number of reasons mate...

1) Every team in europe are likely to know that with all these signings, we need to start reducing our squad, getting a top offer is unlikely.

2) Bony has a 100k a week salary that would be removed from our wage bill. So a 15mil offer is actually worth closer to 21mil...

I understand what people are saying, in a perfect world a guy that was top goal scorer in the prem only a couple of seasons ago should be valued higher than the reported 15mil but reality is, we've got a few players we need to get off the books as squad numbers are high and now that we have signed players like Nolito, Sane and Jesus(Jan) who are flexibile enough to cover the position, selling Bony seems the most likely option, especially if it means we can get our No1 target of the summer....

Squad numbers, wage bill and reducing Stones transfer fee are 3 reasons why I would jump at this deal....(if it's true!)

Re your second point. I know Txiki is good, but getting stones to work for nothing is raising it to a new level.

Not sure why Txiki is getting so much credit for this potential deal. Everton will have had our pants down.

Hi mate, not Txiki's biggest fan normally (but will save that for another thread!;) but clearly no one wants Bony and his 100k a week salary. Our summer buying now means we have an over-load of attacking players that can also play in Bony's position. The way things are going, it could come down to Bony or Sane(or Nolito) being left out of the CL squad for example. Would you want to include Bony over those guys in Europe? The problem we've made for ourselves in handing high wages not just to starting 11 but also to squad players, which makes them very difficult to sell when they dont work out...As mentioned earlier in thread...We'd kill 4 birds with one Stones(bad joke in there!;) Reduce wage bill, release CL place, sign top target of the summer AND save face in the press as we hadnt caved in and given the 50mil cash Everton were asking for.....win, win, win for me!;) Saying all that, this might be just the The Sun turning a simple shopping trip round Liverpool into a big story!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.