Ticket queues in Glasgow

It's about time match day fans stood up to be counted and started making noise about these issues. Unfortunately we are all to blame for not voting with our feet. Things would change pretty damn quickly if the stadiums were half empty.

I find the silence behind their Nanny State banning of alcohol in stadiums a sad indictment on the stepford wives acceptance that we all suffer from when it comes to being treated like kids or thugs.

It's only a minor thing but I'd hope that some noise in The MEN might at least result in some kind of explaination from MCFC of this new system. 1894 group would good people to get involved.
I get the impression that you think most fans are against this new ticketing system ?

Did anyone show their wristband outside the ground? Or were you asked to?

I wasn't asked. Just showed my ticket.

The same happened in Madrid.

The stewards aren't interested in checking wristbands. No doubt the same will happen in Barcelona.

So there's no need for a wristband. Getting rid of the wristbands is one way to speed the ticket collection up.

I wasn't asked for to see my wristband and neither was my brother but nearly every other City fan I spoke to had to show theirs.

Stop going on about this "quote". It's not relevant, it's just a lunge for the moral high ground. It's Chinese Whispers on a forum. I'd bet my bottom dollar that it was either never said, or is being quoted totally out of context.
Totally agree have always found lisa to be sound ,and if she did say that its totally out of character for her.
A question for anyone that went ,my undetstanding is the tickets are pre printed in an envelope and they get them out of a box or something.?
Would it make it any better if you had 20 staff going through the pile of envelopes or would it slow it down ?

A pound to a penny that they're soon going to start the same system they have at the rags where random buyers are told that have to collect their ticket at the away ground and prove they're the buyer.
Read this last night I believe they check 250 of each away allocation and if you don't pick it up you don't get anymore

Totally agree have always found lisa to be sound ,and if she did say that its totally out of character for her.
A question for anyone that went ,my undetstanding is the tickets are pre printed in an envelope and they get them out of a box or something.?
Would it make it any better if you had 20 staff going through the pile of envelopes or would it slow it down ?
Have the security send you to separate queues depending on the number or letter on your ticket confirmation, xxx1- xxx10 go to desk A, xxx11- xxx20 desk B etc, or if only 5 desks then 1-20, 21- 40, means that the staff will have your ticket & wristband on their desk saving time, have a couple of "floating" staff that can go to a desk that is having a "peak" in demand.
(Similar to the polling stations on election days)

Doesn't really matter why we do it, whether others do it, whether wristbands are checked or not - the point is that it is an irritation only because it is inconvenient. The answer then is to make it as convenient as it can be (assuming that it has to happen in some form).

Sensible city centre locations. Staffed by 25 people, not 5 and open for the full 24 hours before the match.
Cost (additional to current set up) is only 20 people x 24 hours x £10 per hour = £5K (or about £2 per ticket). Not much to aid security or whatever reason its being done for and suddenly, pick up becomes a 2 minute job, no hassle and so little cause for complaint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.