Ticket queues in Glasgow

This could be the birth of the 'City Ultras'
Personally I don't mind picking my ticket up in the destination,it's proved it does work,hence the low ticket points required for a champions league q.v. & sf last season.if youde prefer a ballot where its unfair to everyone who's been following city for years,I'm sure the club would look into it,in the Maine road days we had to queue for hours for most away tickets !!

The system is better than the previous times of people selling tickets to your mates mate.
Well done City
Of course it is

Let me tell you a story.....
Think of Mr Corporate as Tom Hanks in Cast Away talking to his basketball Wilson

Are we sitting comfortably @didsburyblu @mancitymick @Bilboblue @Danamy ?
Mr Corporate has a box at City, when the draw is made he is asked would he like tickets for any of the games. "Aye" he says, "I'll take five for the Celtic game at Parkhead.
"You do realise we will need their names and you will have to collect the tickets in Glasgow and show ID?"
"Fuck off Wilson, I'm not doing that, do you really think my clients are going to do that? Any way I'm not sure who will be going yet as plans may change on the day and they might not go so someone else may go.
"Sorry" says Wilson, "that's now club policy"
Mr Corporate gets angry and puffs out his chest " you do know how much business I bring you, I get at least five tickets for most game!, I'm not doing it, you'll have to give me the tickets and the wristbands before I go. If not I'm going to puncture you".
Wilson relents, gives Mr Corporate his five tickets, his five wristbands and he hands them out to his clients.

So much for making sure tickets go to the 'right' people. Next time you fall short of a ticket for a big game send your thanks to Mr Corporate and the basketball.

A true story dat

I can't comment on that because I don't know what had gone on previously.

Having dealt with Lisa previously though, it sounds pretty out of character, and most likely bourne out of frustration at the whole situation.

There's a level of professionalism that needs to be maintained when dealing win customers.

I'm sure anyone on here who has a customer facing role would appreciate how out of order that comment is, regardless of what level of abuse she is facing.

If you walk into the local council office and got the same treatment you'd be fuming.

Just because we are football fans shouldn't mean people can subject is to substandard service

Mr Corporate gets angry and puffs out his chest " you do know how much business I bring you, I get at least five tickets for most game!, I'm not doing it, you'll have to give me the tickets and the wristbands before I go. If not I'm going to puncture you".
Wilson relents, gives Mr Corporate his five tickets, his five wristbands and he hands them out to his clients.

So much for making sure tickets go to the 'right' people. Next time you fall short of a ticket for a big game send your thanks to Mr Corporate and the basketball.

A true story dat

To be honest that's exactly what I'd expect to happen if I had my snout in the corporate troff! Money talks, always has, always will!

Who would have thought that getting thousands of fans to collect tickets in the city of a match (most of them on the match day) would cause problems? And still, unless I have missed it at some point, there has not been an explanation as to why this has been introduced. The "point whore" thing may be a happy by product but it is not the reason.

Until somebody convinces me otherwise, I'm certain that this is a UEFA reaction to English misdemeanours on previous trips.
Yesterday, I was asked three times to show my wristband, by stewards and police outside the ground. They wouldn't have the faintest interest in "points whores" etc

4 of us on Bus 2, we were given our tickets within 20 mins of getting on the bus and not once were we asked for ID and to top it off if you were sat on the lefthand side of the bus you got piss wet as the bus was leaking all the way home.

It’s amazing how much you forget, after just one night’s sleep.
Yes, I was also on the left hand side, although to be fair, I didn’t get wet until Preston.

Others, a few rows up, were virtually swimming.

And by the sounds of it, we were the lucky ones.

I've not been to an away Euro game for donkeys but reading on here it appears it's in place to make sure the same person who buys the ticket is the same person who enters the stadium, for no other reason I guess than security.
But what does concern me is I've seen on here it has been introduced by a rag employee who implemented at the swamp where they have a totally different fanbase than ours especially in Europe.
Other than points is this process really needed for our fans as we have no such reputation as the rags have in Europe.

There's a level of professionalism that needs to be maintained when dealing win customers.

I'm sure anyone on here who has a customer facing role would appreciate how out of order that comment is, regardless of what level of abuse she is facing.

If you walk into the local council office and got the same treatment you'd be fuming.

Just because we are football fans shouldn't mean people can subject is to substandard service

Stop going on about this "quote". It's not relevant, it's just a lunge for the moral high ground. It's Chinese Whispers on a forum. I'd bet my bottom dollar that it was either never said, or is being quoted totally out of context.

A question.

If you can get to the ticket office at the Etihad prior to the match and show your id that werk, why can't you collect your wrist band and ticket there?

Over to you City.

Because you can still sell your ticket to someone. It won't stop points whores

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.