Celtic game - strict security measures announced (page 34)

Not necessarily a Scottish or an Irish person but the widespread coverage Celtic's Palestinian protest reveived and the subsequent fundraising I was just wondering.
Oh right I'd genuinely never heard of that ,i must live under a rock or something.

Tim here is my take on it. Regarding opposition fans going where they "should,nt" be, frankly there has been some precious posts in this thread by some City fans. Loads of blues have done this all over the UK and Europe. It is however only twats who do not respect that they are in an area of a ground where it is not only sensible but a matter of good manners to behave appropriately. Sometimes that may involve keeping quiet, sometimes it might be ok to cheer your team on....but you dont go in there wearing colours or indeed taking the piss in anyway. I am sure plenty of Celtic fans did behave appropriately and were welcomed by blues.

Regardless of which part of the stadium you are in, singing songs, chanting, flying flags that may involve offending the natives, such as those chants or songs that may attack our armed forces or indeed glorify a terrorist group that bombed and killed both servicemen and civilians in this country is not acceptable.

Infact anyone who feels otherwise should not even be in this country for any reason whatsoever in my humble opinion. Ironic dont you think that to even say such a thing can get you accused of all kinds of nonsense here in England these days, yet some of your support seem to be free to spout pro IRA bile. To compare it with singing songs about Munich is wide of the mark, after all Munich was an accident a totally different thing. Attacks on British servicemen and civilians were cerainly not For the record as someone mentioned City were not without loss in the Munich disaster, and the songs about it are moronic and have long since been almost universally accepted as such.

A good post overall. I wasn't comparing the two to Munich. The guy I made that reply to was acting as if your fans were whiter than white. I completely get the hostility our songbook etc attracts. Esp in England. FWIW you can get jail for singing those in Scotland. Complete over reaction. It that's what the offensive behaviour at football act brought in

Oh right I'd genuinely never heard of that ,i must live under a rock or something.

I said widespread coverage, and whilenit was picked up by some national news outlets if you weren't a Celtic fan you may well have missed it.
The flag was covered by one of your fellow fans anyway and was nothing to do with that

Anyone see the lad with the Paratroopers flag? Made me chuckle, good lad.

Septic lived up to their reputation as terrorist loving scum bags last night.

Anyone see the lad with the Paratroopers flag? Made me chuckle, good lad.

Septic lived up to their reputation as terrorist loving scum bags last night.

One of the Celtic fans kept going to the nearest steward to complain only for him to chuck his lighter over when there was a minor disturbance.

The arsehole was wearing one of those stupid hats with goggles attached

One of the Celtic fans kept going to the nearest steward to complain only for him to chuck his lighter over when there was a minor disturbance.

The arsehole was wearing one of those stupid hats with goggles attached
I hate those hats. And the jackets that have the glasses on the hood

Well said. What was depressing to me was that the Celtic fans at the first match seemed to get behind the team properly without as much of the politics.

The majority of fans do not get involved with this. Our away support are more likely to. Not all if us agree with using the club as a political vehicle.

It saddens me.

A good post overall. I wasn't comparing the two to Munich. The guy I made that reply to was acting as if your fans were whiter than white. I completely get the hostility our songbook etc attracts. Esp in England. FWIW you can get jail for singing those in Scotland. Complete over reaction. It that's what the offensive behaviour at football act brought in

Its a shame to be honest as Celtic have one of the great stadiums and atmospheres in world football, a great pity it harbours support for a terror organisation and for that reason I personaly would not set foot in the place.

Anyone claiming City fans all deserve the wings of an angel, must be on crack. Whiter than white not in my life time by any stretch, but then its a different crowd go to games these days for reasons covered on numerous other threads. I think it is fair to say that were Celtic fans to have done what they did last night 20 years ago it would have sparked serious disorder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.