Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dictated play and always knows what to do with the ball, feel much more comfortable when he comes back and picks up the ball off of our defenders, most of the time they don't know what to do with it.

Was not expecting Yaya to reach this kind of form again. So impressed, credit to him and Pep as well.

Was the main man again, in what was an absolutely key win.

Whenever he should leave us, I think he deserves an absolutely fantastic send off.

What he does which is so invaluable is what Busquets does so well for Barcelona. If another player is in trouble, getting pressed etc. Yaya will find a way to make himself available, and then when he gets the ball, 8 times out of 10 his first touch is an accurate pass to someone. No one else we have can do that.

We instantly go from being in trouble, possession wise, to the ball being half way across the pitch and with a player in a bit of space.

He was absolutely vital, perhaps more than any other player to that period of constant dangerous possession after the first goal which eventually lead to Arsenal conceding the second.

What he does which is so invaluable is what Busquets does so well for Barcelona. If another player is in trouble, getting pressed etc. Yaya will find a way to make himself available, and then when he gets the ball, 8 times out of 10 his first touch is an accurate pass to someone. No one else we have can do that.

We instantly go from being in trouble, possession wise, to the ball being half way across the pitch and with a player in a bit of space.

He was absolutely vital, perhaps more than any other player to that period of constant dangerous possession after the first goal which eventually lead to Arsenal conceding the second.

Spot on Domalino

Was my MOM midweek and again today. There is a long way to go in this league and I feel far more confident with this Yaya back in the side. If Carrick can play week in week out for the rags then Yaya certainly can for us. Carrick is getting rave reviews for them and he isn't fit to sniff Yayas turds.

MOTM for me today, he was excellent.

Looks a different player to the one I saw against Bucharest.

Hope it continues for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.