£140 million left in the kitty for this summer - Who would you spend it on ?

I'd focus entirely on CM:
Verratti
Pogba​

Sterling - Aguero ---- Silva
Toure -- Pogba
Verratti
Kolarov - Denayer - Kompany - Zabaleta
Hart

Even with Kolarov we'd walk the league

Not likely tho.
More realistically we'd probably be talking De Bruyne, Aranguiz, Kurzawa

Either way, I'd also loan Villa from NYC in case of another ST emergency

Depends on formation fits best. If it's 4-3-3, Kovacic and Verratti added to play alongside Yaya. Add Berahino as our third striker and Cresswell, if only because we need homegrown talent.

If it's 4-2-3-1, still like Verratti to play alongside Yaya and bring in Barkley to play behind the striker. Still like Berahino as a third striker in this scenario and Cresswell also.

I'd focus entirely on CM:
Verratti
Pogba​

Sterling - Aguero ---- Silva
Toure -- Pogba
Verratti
Kolarov - Denayer - Kompany - Zabaleta
Hart

Even with Kolarov we'd walk the league

Not likely tho.
More realistically we'd probably be talking De Bruyne, Aranguiz, Kurzawa

Either way, I'd also loan Villa from NYC in case of another ST emergency

This would 100% help cope with not getting kdb if it happened. ( I expect him to sign before i get attacked)

Fabinho in (Sagna out) £20m
Baba in (Cliche or Kolarov out) £28m
Pogba In - whatever it takes £80m/£90m - he will dominate Central Midfield in Europe for the next 12 years.

KDB - Nice to have but our problems are in DM and Full back positions

Any defenders would be a complete waste of money seeing as Manuel hasn't got a clue how to set up a defence. May as well bang it all on De Bruyne and Isco

I look at our side and I think, with a week until our season starts where do we definitely need to improve? At centre back I think with Demi, Mangala, Kompany and Denayer we have enough quality to allow for injuries/loss of form. In attacking terms, there's plenty of creativity and goals - Aguero, Bony, Nacho, Silva, Nasri, Sterling, Lopes, Navas and potentially De Bruyne.

The key positions are at left back and central midfield. I'm willing to allow Fernando another season before I judge him. If he has played with an injury then he must be praised for still working as best as he could for the team. He was very good in his debut at St James' Park, if he gets back to that level we've a very good player. We lack creativity in midfield still and Garcia is too young and probably won't get too much game time.

Personally our biggest problem remains left back. There are plenty of players out there better defensively than Kolarov and Clichy and as it's a defensive position we need to focus on that attribute first and foremost.

Secondly we still have the Yaya problem. Silva is a better option in the no.10 role and our side will be more balanced with Silva in there pulling the strings. Yaya cannot play anywhere else though. If he does, we'll lose games because we'll be weak defensively. Yaya can only play with two of Delph/Fernando/Fernandinho beside him. Ideally we can bring someone in with more creativity in that deeper role, as a box to box player and can play Yaya sporadically. Looks like Khaldoon will have instructed Pellegrini to play him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.