£47 million: the bill for Carlos Tevez

Re: £47 million: the bill for Carlos Tevez

Jacob333 said:
The media cannot get over the fact that we have unbelievable amounts of cash - as a City fan it it's hard to take in but it is becoming easier - I keep pinching myself.

We haven't got anything, our pimp has. And anybody who thinks Tevez is worth that amount wants their heads testing. How embarrassing our support has become, the hypocrisy is pathetic.

are you a rag or what?

the owner of a business has big money = the business has big money, especially if the owner of said business is clearly committed for the long-term.

the only people who'd talk about it in derogatory 'pimp' terms like that are people that are bitter about the situation, hmm...

And no, anyone who believes this quoteless story that's already been denied, needs their head testing.

Jacob333 said:
The media cannot get over the fact that we have unbelievable amounts of cash - as a City fan it it's hard to take in but it is becoming easier - I keep pinching myself.

We haven't got anything, our pimp has. And anybody who thinks Tevez is worth that amount wants their heads testing. How embarrassing our support has become, the hypocrisy is pathetic.

just reading through your posts and it's pretty obvious you're a red sox supporter. Thought you 'knew for a fact' fergie didn't wanna sign Tevez'? So what the fuck was that 25 mill offer raggy? And how don't we have anything! That's like saying you have no good players because the glazers own them(aswell as the fans!)

Who gives a fcuk. Obviously Sheikh Mansour doesn't.
Though i suspect this prick as just thought of a number and doubled it.
If he scores the winner next week he's worth every penny

I love how you all dismiss this, but have a little think about it first.

If we paid a £25m fee, then you add wages, £100,000 per week, £5.2M, 5 year contract, £25M, its not that hard to see where he got his figure from, in fact he could have underestimated it.

Yeah, nice way of doing it this adding wages lark.

Let me see, camel gob cos £29m, 5 years at £80k/week and another 4 years at £120k/week (probably more than this).

OMG, Rio Ferdinand cost the scum £73m.....................

cleavers said:
I love how you all dismiss this, but have a little think about it first.

If we paid a £25m fee, then you add wages, £100,000 per week, £5.2M, 5 year contract, £25M, its not that hard to see where he got his figure from, in fact he could have underestimated it.

Not quite feller - the article states the total cost of the player (once wages have been factored in) to be £84.5 million:

On top of the £47 million fee, the club are paying Tévez a salary of £7.5 million a year, or just under £145,000 a week. His wages over a five-year contract take City’s total projected outlay on the striker to £84.5 million, a staggering sum even by City’s inflated standards.

I think people are dismissing it because a spokesman for Kia Joorabchian is dismissing it, and is stating that he expects a formal dismissal of the story to follow - I would wager he probably knows significantly more about the deal than James Ducker from the Times, so I'm more willing to take his word on the matter.

We're going to have to get used to this sort of crap being printed by the gutter press (which the Times certainly qualifies as since its Murdoch-isation), who are desperate for us to fail and look stupid as it would be the most spectacular story of the season for them. Its just great that the club appear keen to act decisively when stories like this come out, and show them to be the absolute bullshit that they are. We as fans just need to take with a pinch of salt the jealous, fear-driven sniping that will come our way if we do achieve any success this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.