£500 stolen

bananamilksheikh said:
stick a notice on your drawer saying: "I know who you are. Your theft was witnessed and I have got evidence. I am prepared to give you until Monday 5pm to return the money before I go to the police and report you"

Call their bluff. Worth a go!

yep, only thing i can try. thx mate

bananamilksheikh said:
stick a notice on your drawer saying: "I know who you are. Your theft was witnessed and I have got evidence. I am prepared to give you until Monday 5pm to return the money before I go to the police and report you"

yeah write this down and leave a note, it may just scare them enough into returning the money. probably not but there is nothing to lose.

good luck.

ban-mcfc said:
bananamilksheikh said:

yeah write this down and leave a note, it may just scare them enough into returning the money. probably not but there is nothing to lose.

good luck.

Mate. Tell them if the money is returned, nothing else will be said. Seriously though, is ring the police anyway. Maybe they can fingerprint the desk and any cleaners who were present..500 pounds is a lot of money and the police need as much work as they can get now.

Markt85 said:
ban-mcfc said:
mate, it's only money. at least yourself or a friend or family member haven't been hurt.

at the end of the day it's a bit of paper you can earn back. Learn from it and move on, there is no point beating yourself up.

thx mate.

Just spoke to the security, cleaners dont come in till 8:30pm - so im not waiting around.

i was thinking of leaving a note as a scare tactic... ie : i will prosecute if money is not returned. i no this wont work. but can anyone else think what would be a good thing to say on a note ?

Tell them your not going to come after them, but each day it remains unturned you will be getting a family member of theirs.

The cameras are there for your protection and safety as well as others. You are well within your right to at least ask why the cameras are not working especially as there is a culture of theiving at your place of work.
Call the police, yes you were silly but someone going in your personal office space like that is still a disgrace.
Simply ask why the cameras are not working then inform your boss your calling the police and ask is there anything you should know before doing so (protocol wise).
This will give your boss the arsehole enough to maybe have a word around themselves, and maybe they will get the damed cameras fixed.

If you do not call the police then it will happen again and nothing will ever get done.

stick a notice on your drawer saying: "I know who you are. Your theft was witnessed and I have got evidence.

Seriously? Do you really think that people that have found £500 in a particular desk drawer are stupid enough to go back there to see what Post-It notes have been left in their honour?
Don't be so fucking soft, a thief doesn't return to the scene.

Besides which, if you had witnesses and evidence you wouldn't be leaving silly post it notes around the place bragging, you'd just have the cleaner nicked.

There are some fucking dullards on here at times. I'm not surprised that the OP thinks post-it notes are a good idea, seeing as he thinks that unlocked office drawers in high theft areas are good places to store 500 nicker.

Call me harsh, please do, but there are some fuck knuckles about.

Mugatu said:
stick a notice on your drawer saying: "I know who you are. Your theft was witnessed and I have got evidence.

Seriously? Do you really think that people that have found £500 in a particular desk drawer are stupid enough to go back there to see what Post-It notes have been left in their honour?
Don't be so fucking soft, a thief doesn't return to the scene.

Besides which, if you had witnesses and evidence you wouldn't be leaving silly post it notes around the place bragging, you'd just have the cleaner nicked.

There are some fucking dullards on here at times. I'm not surprised that the OP thinks post-it notes are a good idea, seeing as he thinks that unlocked office drawers in high theft areas are good places to store 500 nicker.

Call me harsh, please do, but there are some fuck knuckles about.
Cleaner may have no option as that area could well be his/her cleaning area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.