£56 for home games

cleavers said:
mcfcliam said:
and why do supporters always lie down and accept this sort of shit?
You sort the mass protest out, and I'll happily come join you. Will you be paying £62 at Arsenal away this year, out of interest ?

Actually I didn't sit back and take it, over the years, I've stopped.....

....buying programmes at away games - Check
....buying food and drink in grounds at away games - Check
....buying programmes at home games - not yet but may well do if/when it reaches £4
....buying food and drink in grounds at home games (this might be higher up the list because its also shit) - Mostly stopped
....buying other merchandise (largely anyway, I might buy a shirt if I particularly like it, but will try and source it as cheap as possible) - not bought a shirt for 3 years.
....buying away tickets at grounds that rip me off (and/or have shit facilities and charge too much for them) - only did this for QPR last season but may well give others a miss in the coming season

I set limits of when I will no longer pay up. Away from home most games now exceed that amount, result is I don't go to many. Once that limit is reached at home games (still a way off unless they hike season tickets about 70%), I'll stop going, and I'll save nearly 3 times as much money a season as my season ticket costs.

Don't take it, say no.

Damocles said:
totallywired said:
Damocles said:
Good.

Our matchday revenue is shockingly low and we need to up in anyway possible. An extra few quid a fortnight isn't going to kill anyone
It stops the local working class person going an allows the tourist in. Kin disgrace.

If you can't afford an extra £4 a week, then you aren't working class, you are desperately poor and need to stop attending football matches.

I would not class myself as 'poor' nor would I 'rich' I am WORKING CLASS and a difference of £70 for a family of four to £120 is a damn sight more than a couple of quid.

City have always been a good 'Family' Club and that price hike is ridiculous.

the idiots who state it's just another 4 quid seem to conveniently forget how dear it was before they added the 4 quid.

i can see loads sacking it off, and rightly so, heres to loads of empty seats all over the country.

fathellensbellend said:
the idiots who state it's just another 4 quid seem to conveniently forget how dear it was before they added the 4 quid.

i can see loads sacking it off, and rightly so, heres to loads of empty seats all over the country.
It is dear, but then again the vast majority (85%) have season tickets which work out at half the price.

I can't believe you want to see empty seats at City again

Marvin said:
fathellensbellend said:

It is dear, but then again the vast majority (85%) have season tickets which work out at half the price.

yes, 1000's of them, it's no use to people like me seeing the stadium full, it gives the clubs justification for the daft prices.

i see no future for me or my kids watching city within the next couple of years, we just wont be able to afford it, for me supporting city is all or nothing, i want to watch them everywhere at sensible prices, but know virtually every game is nearing wembley prices, it just cannot be done.

the next tv deal is astronomical, and yet still prices go up, where does it end, well for me and many others very soon i would have thought.

fathellensbellend said:
Marvin said:
fathellensbellend said:

yes, 1000's of them, it's no use to people like me seeing the stadium full, it gives the clubs justification for the daft prices.

i see no future for me or my kids watching city within the next couple of years, we just wont be able to afford it, for me supporting city is all or nothing, i want to watch them everywhere at sensible prices, but know virtually every game is nearing wembley prices, it just cannot be done.

the next tv deal is astronomical, and yet still prices go up, where does it end, well for me and many others very soon i would have thought.
Season tickets are affordable. Mine was £505. You can get them for £275 for adults.

Hopefully the FA Cup and League Cup tickets will be reasonably priced.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
9000 seats x extra £10 on average say = £90000 per game x 19 games.

Less than £1.8m

£35000 a week

Let de Jong go and develop a younger player. Saving £65000 a week.

That's how little it is. It's peanuts. why do that when you can shaft 9000 people instead.

Why not let two seasoned internationals go and we might even still qualify for the C/L places but keep you happy.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
9000 seats x extra £10 on average say = £90000 per game x 19 games.

Less than £1.8m

£35000 a week

Let de Jong go and develop a younger player. Saving £65000 a week.

That's how little it is. It's peanuts. why do that when you can shaft 9000 people instead.

Why not let two seasoned internationals go and we might even still qualify for the C/L places but keep you happy.

The recent deal with a watchmaker more than covers that

Marvin said:
fathellensbellend said:
Marvin said:

Season tickets are affordable. Mine was £505. You can get them for £275 for adults.

Hopefully the FA Cup and League Cup tickets will be reasonably priced.
Seasoncards are reasonable compared to matchday tickets, yes. I fully agree with you. They are also not a realistic option for fans like myself who, due to the travelling costs involved, can only get over to 4 or 5 games a season. Also, there are very few adult seasoncards available for the £275 price you quote. Those will be the ''value'' cards, which are VERY limited in number. Even if I paid the £505 that you are paying; going on last season, when I got over to 5 games, that would work out at £101 per game. As I said, not realistic for those who can only attend a limited number of games for whatever reason.

Marvin said:
fathellensbellend said:

Nobody wants to see empty seats at City , but it appears to me that it's gonna be inevitable ....... increases in wages just don't match price hikes such as the ones City are proposing , and let's not forget that some people don't even get a rise in wages at all.

All we are doing is pricing working class people out of it , and people won't be able to afford to take their kids either ...... and they are the fans of tomorrow ...... probably the very people who would still have been around to support the club should the arab heirachy ever leave.

Yes , some of the seasoncard prices remain reasonable ..... but they are only any good if you can get one in the first place!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.