Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Neville Kneville said:
How does Negredo's scoring record for Sevilla, compare to Aguero's for Atletico ?

Let's have a look.

Aguero 75 in 175

Negredo 70 in 139.

So Negredo has a better scoring record than Aguero did when we signed him.

How about last season ?

Aguero 17 goals, Negredo 31.

And yet Negredo is a non interesting signing ? Not worth 20 odd mil, but Falcao is worth 60 ? For scoring 3 goals more ?

w86b91.gif

kun said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
zeven said:
TBF, i believe Ferno is worth 30 million, Negredo for 25 is mental though. Navas for 14.5 damn good business. Jovetic in this climate seems about fair. Cavani is not twice the player Jovetic is.

sort of agree with this

negredo deal (if 25m reported) slightly over paid
fernandinho (if 28m reported) and jovetic (if 23m + 5m reported) prices are about right
navas is a bargain

So overall they haven't done too bad. Its all a matter of opinion though till we see what they do out on the pitch.
(Value/Quoted price)
Navas (23m/15m)
Fernandinho (25m/30m)
Negredo (20m/26m)
Jovetic (20m/25m)

Overall (88m/96m)
Tevez, 12 million, balo 20 millio, Macion 4 million..
We are down to 60 million spent and cut our wage bill with 21% in this transfer. Lescott with new contract will decrease his wages. then if we look at last year net spent "nothing" almost

And don't forget we paid Maicon £2 million to leave on a free to Roma, i would say it should be £20 million tops for Ferna and Negredo but City always seem to have their pants pulled down when it comes to buying players having said that £15 million for Navas is a good deal imo.

philiph20 said:
And don't forget we paid Maicon £2 million to leave on a free to Roma, i would say it should be £20 million tops for Ferna and Negredo but City always seem to have their pants pulled down when it comes to buying players having said that £15 million for Navas is a good deal imo.
Do we?

Yaya - bargain
Silva - bargain
Kompany - bargain
Barry - bargain
Aguero - bargain, (he really is, despite the hefty fee)
Navas - bargain
Dzeko - bargain, (based on what he had done in Germany)

I would say we rarely have our pants pulled down to be honest, and the list abovve is just off the top of my head.

I don't see why everyone is always critical of us when it comes to how much we have spent on fees for players.

It is as rare as rocking horse shit that a serious quality player is signed on the cheap. Michu being the obvious one from last year.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the better players nowadays are all going for huge fees. I can't remember any where I've thought, he is far too cheap for his ability. Tevez potentially, but he had 12 months left on his contract.

RVP was expensive, Hazard was expensive, Falcao was crazy expensive, Cavani ridiculously expensive. It's not as if our rivals are spending £10m on players worth £30m and we're spending £30m on players worth £10m.

So why are Ferran and Txiki getting flack on here for the fees we are paying? It's not them, it's the crazy market in football these days.

brian the blue said:
Wow. Txiki and Ferran aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with the prices they negotiate for transfers? £30mil for Fernandinho, now £26mil for Negredo and potentially 30mil Euro's for Jovetic.

Back when we were just splashing the cash and weren't even in the CL we signed two ready made world class players in Silva and Toure for £24mil a piece and one of the worlds hottest young strikers in Balotelli for just £19mil.

I now await to be told that it isn't my money and I shouldn't be bothered.
SIlva and Toure were not "ready made world class" players at all.

Silva was considered good but by no means world class and plenty of "experts" thought he'd struggle in the Prem.

Yaya was considered a DM that couldn't get a game at Barca. He was a bench warmer.

They both have shown their best form at City, not before.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:
Marca saying the transfer has been closed at around £26million.

Wow. Txiki and Ferran aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with the prices they negotiate for transfers? £30mil for Fernandinho, now £26mil for Negredo and potentially 30mil Euro's for Jovetic.

Back when we were just splashing the cash and weren't even in the CL we signed two ready made world class players in Silva and Toure for £24mil a piece and one of the worlds hottest young strikers in Balotelli for just £19mil.

I now await to be told that it isn't my money and I shouldn't be bothered.

Thing is Fernandinho only seems pricy because you've never seen him play..... I doubt Tixi and Ferran are sat in the office thinking we can't offer (x) much because Brian the blue has never seen him play.

I think it would be wise to judge the amount spent once we've actually seen the players play or at least when they've played a reasonable amount of games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.