Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

I can smell the fear of Raggies on this thread !<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 pm --<br /><br />
argyle said:
Wrote this last night for those unfamiliar with him:

I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

From what I`ve seen of him he does create his own chances,so I`m happy with that.
His downside is that he can and does miss alot of chances.

swifty said:
alky313 said:
Am I the only one not bothered by this signing either way?

Probably not.

Next.

Can honestly say I'm not bothered about who we sign or who manages us these days as I'll still turn up and support the team. There was a time I'd be reading everything from teletext to t'internet just for a snippet of news but these days it's a case of shrugging my shoulders in general apathy to it all. Maybe I'm just going through a mid-life crisis and I'll come back from my holidays on the Sunday night after this 'summer blues malaise' just in time for the Newcastle game all refreshed and jolly.

argyle said:
Wrote this last night for those unfamiliar with him:

I think it's unfair for some posters to be saying he'll be the best striker we ever have etc, as it places too much expectations on him.

I've watched him play many times and he is a good striker but he isn't excellent like Aguero etc.

Many of his goals come from the team breaking and wingers then crossing into the box, so I feel he will fit perfectly with Navas. He surges into the box hoping a winger or midfielder finds him with a through ball or cross.

He won't however play like Aguero who can score from nothing i.e. his goal against the rags at the swamp.

His downside is that he can and does miss alot of chances.

They already have

LoveCity said:
Marca saying the transfer has been closed at around £26million.

Wow. Txiki and Ferran aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with the prices they negotiate for transfers? £30mil for Fernandinho, now £26mil for Negredo and potentially 30mil Euro's for Jovetic.

Back when we were just splashing the cash and weren't even in the CL we signed two ready made world class players in Silva and Toure for £24mil a piece and one of the worlds hottest young strikers in Balotelli for just £19mil.

I now await to be told that it isn't my money and I shouldn't be bothered.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

Wow. Txiki and Ferran aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with the prices they negotiate for transfers? £30mil for Fernandinho, now £26mil for Negredo and potentially 30mil Euro's for Jovetic.

Back when we were just splashing the cash and weren't even in the CL we signed two ready made world class players in Silva and Toure for £24mil a piece and one of the worlds hottest young strikers in Balotelli for just £19mil.

As a City fan you have every right to be bothered mate.!!!

now what do you do next ??

Another very good option to have and with the money we were going to use with Cavani is now being spent more wisely on two very good alternatives.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

How about back then 24m and 19m WAS big money, 3 years on your paying 55m for a striker who until he went to napoli was crap, 30m and 40m for two players how played well in the under 21s, 10m for a keeper at lpool, 18m for a player with potential and so on and so on.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

That went well, didn't it.

The price is what it is, and it doesn't matter to anyone at the end of the day.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

Come on, watch the transfer market.

Marquinos - 35m
Cavani - 65m
Falcao - 60m
Illarramendi - 38m
James Rodriguez - 40m

This summer is abnormal. Transfer market is going crazy.

brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

TBF, i believe Ferno is worth 30 million, Negredo for 25 is mental though. Navas for 14.5 damn good business. Jovetic in this climate seems about fair. Cavani is not twice the player Jovetic is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.