Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, now on the official site, but not the City OS.

Confirmtionmexpected on City OS in the next few hours.

So it's

Welcome to the Etihad Alvaro

Worst Case Ontario said:
I don't understand this signing, so maybe someone can explain to me without bullcrap. Why are we getting him? So he can sit on bench together with Nasri and Dzeko, assuming we buy Jovetic that is. Or is he Dzeko's back up, or Dzeko is heading to the door? Or is Navas bought as super sub?
If the way I see our formations panning out next season comes true, we have Option 1 (4-3-3) and Option 2 (4-2-3-1). Now because Aguero is our main striker and is more likely to get the nod in Option 1, Negredo is more likely to play in Option 2 as his experience as a target man that enjoys waiting for crosses to stick in the back of the net will benefit from that system in the way that it's likely Dzeko will.

For example, this is how the team could set up in Option 1:

abE9EJPafl.jpg

You two banks of two (Fernandinho & Barry/Silva & Navas) with Yaya Toure providing the link between the two. Up front you have Aguero by himself who will work with the creative side that Silva, Navas and Yaya Toure all have to their games. I imagine we'll be deploying this formation more regularly in Europe as it suits the counter attacking style that proved successful with Napoli.

This is how I see Option 2 setting out:

abE9EPLals.jpg

This is the formation that we play now, only that this time Aguero will drop behind the main target man while one of Dzeko or Negredo will lead the line. I feel this will be played in the big Premier League away games - pack the midfield and hit on the break. With Jovetic, Nasri, Milner and Rodwell all suitable for this formation we can be quite flexible.

bluemoonmatt said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
I will celebrate when he bangs in goals, Dzeko also came with excellent goal scoring record and he was younger. Isn't Negredo similar to Dzeko? In sense of being tall, slow target man without much skill who bangs in goals? Sorry if dumb question, I have seen him play only few times for Spain
Slow?
That is why I asked, why people need to act smart all the time while giving answers. Or even better, act smart without giving answers

Tez Tosterone said:
Yep, now on the official site, but not the City OS.

Confirmtionmexpected on City OS in the next few hours.

So it's

Welcome to the Etihad Alvaro

I don't think he's had his medical so probably not until tomorrow at the earliest?

bluemoonmatt said:
Damien10 said:
Question to the fans, who don't insult me. If Manchester City was to go into the season with 4 strikers. What order would you place them (best first)
Aguero
Dzeko
Jovetic
Negredo
You tell us, how do they rate on fifa?
You will find i have watched the four footballers above in flesh. Amazing really isn't it. And you will find i do not play Fifa. Football Manager however...

Anyway you asked for it so i will provide you with my 'opinion'

1) Aguero- Wouldn't swap him for any striker on the planet, currently.
2) Jovetic- Great player, however i think he's more of a creator then he is a goalscorer.
3) Dzeko -Clumsy and lazy at times but has a knack for scoring goals. (On his day can be brilliant)
4) Negredo - Clumsy, but seems to score goals ;)

In other words by the weekend which JohnMC was on about. Doesn't really matter though at least it seems everything done.

MCFC BOB said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
I don't understand this signing, so maybe someone can explain to me without bullcrap. Why are we getting him? So he can sit on bench together with Nasri and Dzeko, assuming we buy Jovetic that is. Or is he Dzeko's back up, or Dzeko is heading to the door? Or is Navas bought as super sub?
If the way I see our formations panning out next season comes true, we have Option 1 (4-3-3) and Option 2 (4-2-3-1). Now because Aguero is our main striker and is more likely to get the nod in Option 1, Negredo is more likely to play in Option 2 as his experience as a target man that enjoys waiting for crosses to stick in the back of the net will benefit from that system in the way that it's likely Dzeko will.

For example, this is how the team could set up in Option 1:

abE9EJPafl.jpg

You two banks of two (Fernandinho & Barry/Silva & Navas) with Yaya Toure providing the link between the two. Up front you have Aguero by himself who will work with the creative side that Silva, Navas and Yaya Toure all have to their games. I imagine we'll be deploying this formation more regularly in Europe as it suits the counter attacking style that proved successful with Napoli.

This is how I see Option 2 setting out:

abE9EPLals.jpg

This is the formation that we play now, only that this time Aguero will drop behind the main target man while one of Dzeko or Negredo will lead the line. I feel this will be played in the big Premier League away games - pack the midfield and hit on the break. With Jovetic, Nasri, Milner and Rodwell all suitable for this formation we can be quite flexible.

Thank you Bob. I was unprepared to see Barry still there though lol. I wonder what our formation would be also with Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.